The South Is Not Pleased With Nas

linx

Staff member
Honestly? Let them talk all the bullshit they want. The fact is, 95% of the southern music is fucking GARBAGE. I won't even hesitate to say it. And think what you want, but that's a non-biased opinion. I'm a huge hip hop fan, have been and will be. I enjoy good hip hop no matter where it comes from. But what I said is just a fucking fact. Dudes like Outkast, Scarface and Luda hold it down for the south. Fuck TI, fuck Young Jeezy, Fuck D4L and the rest of them clowns who think they make hip hop music. I don't agree with the term "Hip Hop Is Dead", but I also don't think those clowns are helping it any.

roaches

The fact is, 95% of the southern music is fucking GARBAGE. I won't even hesitate to say it. And think what you want, but that's a non-biased opinion. I'm a huge hip hop fan, have been and will be. I enjoy good hip hop no matter where it comes from. But what I said is just a fucking fact. Dudes like Outkast, Scarface and Luda hold it down for the south. Fuck TI, fuck Young Jeezy, Fuck D4L and the rest of them clowns who think they make hip hop music.
No.

ARon

In recent interviews Nas was talkin about his album title, and its funny cus its not really meant to be what everyone is thinking. He isnt dissing anyone really with it. This just comes down to the whole if the shoe fits wear it type of thing. Nas lives in the south says he got love for the south so why would they even think he is targeting them. Dumb.

Also I'm tired of everyone naming names like D4L or Dem Franchise Boyz or whatever. If you dont like them stop saying there name, everywhere I look its rap sucks, these guys are bad. Shut the fuck up, seriously. If your taste in music is so good start a blog or something, get yourself on the radio since you obviously know exactly what you are talking about and your opinion is flawless and spread some good music. Dont take the easy way out and just hate on everything, mature. Understand other people have opinions and taste and be quiet about it, cus honestly the haters probably say D4L more than there fans.

Kadafi Son

I don't care.If somebody actually thinks D4L & Franchise Boys make good music, somethin' is wrong with them. I could say I'm hatin' but I don't give a damn, really

If people think D4L or DFB are the shit, then there is something really wrong. Those clowns are straight up gimmicks. I respect the real artists from the south. Bun B, Scarface, T.I., Young Buck, Jeezy are really dope rappers but the rest of them need to get checked. Since that crunk shit blew off, hip hop asn't been the same.

they just want pop music. like he said when they in da club n shit he wanna hear da shit u can jam too. nas's shit aint supposed to be that pop hiphop shit u can pound in the clubs. well atleat, not his whole album. nas's lyrics is what he about, he aint worried bout makin people lean wit it.

linx

Staff member
It's whatever roaches/Rukus. You can obviously disagree, i'm just saying what I think. All that radio shit is bullshit, period. To me it's garbage, to you it's good music.

roaches

See, "95% of southern music is bullshit" is completely different from "radio shit is bullshit".

*Does the ratchet in post, walks it off*

PuffnScruff

the guy in the green cards hat is an idiot. he is taking the point nas it trying to make too literaly. nas isnt saying that hip hop is dead in the sense that rap music isnt selling. of course it is selling, but what is selling real big in rap music right now and for the past god how many years now? club music, partying, i have money, shake your ass type shit. sure it is cool to ride too and listen to at a party but that is what hip hop has become associated with these days. it has sort of lost its way from where it used to be.

i bet if someone put a bunch of random people that dont really listen to much rap music or at all, in a room together and asked them "what do you think about when i say rap music" most of them would say "bling bling" "gangsta" "money,bitches, cars" and "shizzle my nizzle"

there are some south acts that are still keeping it fun and i like southern music that does it, but how many times can you hear the same rappers talk about money, cars , and whatever over and over again.

nas is making a good point and a valid statement with the phrase "hip hop is dead" and there are a lot of people who have felt that way for some time. i think those guys in the video spend too much time getting high and intoxicated that the point completely went over their heads

there really are some things that have come out recently that remind me of minstrel show days, just without the white guys painting their face

linx

Staff member
roaches said:
See, "95% of southern music is bullshit" is completely different from "radio shit is bullshit".

*Does the ratchet in post, walks it off*
That's what i'm talking about, the southern music everyone hears on the radio and on tv.

Kareem

95% of hip hop today is garbage and 70% is comming from the south, shit NY got some garbage comming out too but show me 5 well known m.c.'s from the south that are kickn knowledge. I dont give a damn about the drunk hoes in the club, fuck the club. Ya know 10 years ago there was a slew of m.c.'s speaking on real issues an doing things to improve the community, Pac, Nas, Big, shit even Jay-Z. Theres nothing wrong with club joints but when thats all thats comming out an its from a certain region, damn right Nas is on point hip hop is dead, get on the same level as Nas then you have room to talk shit about him.

Hell I grew up in one of the worst neighborhoods in one of the worst cities in this country an i can tell ya no one in impovershed (sp) community gives a rats ass about your rims, your ice or your damn money, do somthing with that money show your community you care, build a rec center for the youth, start a college fund for the children who wanna make somthing of themselves. This is why hip hop is dead the unity an love of community is gone none of these cats are trying to build. Seriously if some of ya'll cant see what im getting at then you cant see what the purpose of hip hop once was, if Pac was here now he'd be saying the same thing. Why these cats think record sales = greatness is beyond me. Fuck, a midget with herpes could sell 10 million if he was promoted right, greatness is when you leave the game an 10 years later your influence is still felt, your music is still relevent.

No not everyone can be like Pac but the message was clear, unity and love of community, give back to where you came from. Unfortunately 14 an 15 yearold bubble gum poppers are running whats called hip hop now....... damn shame

Kareem

PuffnScruff said:
the guy in the green cards hat is an idiot. he is taking the point nas it trying to make too literaly. nas isnt saying that hip hop is dead in the sense that rap music is selling. of course it is selling, but what is selling real big in rap music right now and for the past god how many years now? club music, partying, i have money, shake your ass type shit. sure it is cool to ride too and listen to at a party but that is what hip hop has become associated with these days. it has sort of lost its way from where it used to be.

i bet if someone put a bunch of random people that dont really listen to much rap music or at all, in a room together and asked them "what do you think about when i say rap music" most of them would say "bling bling" "gangsta" "money,bitches, cars" and "shizzle my nizzle"

there are some south acts that are still keeping it fun and i like southern music that does it, but how many times can you hear the same rappers talk about money, cars , and whatever over and over again.

nas is making a good point and a valid statement with the phrase "hip hop is dead" and there are a lot of people who have felt that way for some time. i think those guys in the video spend too much time getting high and intoxicated that the point completely went over their heads

there really are some things that have come out recently that remind me of minstrel show days, just without the white guys painting their face

sorry about the double post, but damn Puff your right on point! :thumb: exactly what i was trying to get through

linx

Staff member
Kareem said:
95% of hip hop today is garbage and 70% is comming from the south, shit NY got some garbage comming out too but show me 5 well known m.c.'s from the south that are kickn knowledge. I dont give a damn about the drunk hoes in the club, fuck the club. Ya know 10 years ago there was a slew of m.c.'s speaking on real issues an doing things to improve the community, Pac, Nas, Big, shit even Jay-Z. Theres nothing wrong with club joints but when thats all thats comming out an its from a certain region, damn right Nas is on point hip hop is dead, get on the same level as Nas then you have room to talk shit about him.

Hell I grew up in one of the worst neighborhoods in one of the worst cities in this country an i can tell ya no one in impovershed (sp) community gives a rats ass about your rims, your ice or your damn money, do somthing with that money show your community you care, build a rec center for the youth, start a college fund for the children who wanna make somthing of themselves. This is why hip hop is dead the unity an love of community is gone none of these cats are trying to build. Seriously if some of ya'll cant see what im getting at then you cant see what the purpose of hip hop once was, if Pac was here now he'd be saying the same thing. Why these cats think record sales = greatness is beyond me. Fuck, a midget with herpes could sell 10 million if he was promoted right, greatness is when you leave the game an 10 years later your influence is still felt, your music is still relevent.

No not everyone can be like Pac but the message was clear, unity and love of community, give back to where you came from. Unfortunately 14 an 15 yearold bubble gum poppers are running whats called hip hop now....... damn shame
No doubt, that's what i'm saying. I'm obvioulsy not hating on the south.. because other places (such as NY) DO have whack rappers too. It's just.. there are alot of great New York rappers compared to the couple great southern rappers. Feel me? There's alot more garbage shit there. I won't give less respect to someone like Scarface (or the Geto Boys as a whole) and Outkast.

Kareem

its linx! said:
No doubt, that's what i'm saying. I'm obvioulsy not hating on the south.. because other places (such as NY) DO have whack rappers too. It's just.. there are alot of great New York rappers compared to the couple great southern rappers. Feel me? There's alot more garbage shit there. I won't give less respect to someone like Scarface (or the Geto Boys as a whole) and Outkast.
Exactly, no doubt Ghetto Boys, Scarface, Outkast are all in IMO the essance of a true southern m.c. Outkast by far has to be my favorite southern m.c.'s they continually try different methods and incorperate different styles of music into their own music, speak on real life drama, "Miss Jackson" is a perfect example, speaking about "baby mamma drama" a track about a man doing everything he can for his children even though he an the mother of his children arent togather.

I used ta like UGK till I heard Bun B spouting off at the mouth about N.Y. an his album was nothing more then the typical , money, cars, ice an hoes b.s. we hear everyday. I'd rather listen to Dipset then hear damn Paul Wall corny ass or D4L an thats pretty bad. This is my standpoint man I mean in the Pac an BIG Era an hell lets go before that, N.W.A. Eric B an Rakim these m.c.'s were actually spreading a message. These cats now their shit is nothing but making words ryme "does your chain hang low is it platinum is it gold" shut the fuck up who gives a damn, nah fool my chain dont do shit.

Shit make a track like "Whats your GPA is it high is it low, do what you can ta get that 4.0" might sound wack but hell its positive it has substance. Anyway I pray everyday for these wack m.c.'s downfall seriously hip hop will be dead if it continues, whenever ever I hear this crap I keep in mind what Biggie said "your reign on top is short like leprachons, As i crush so called willies, thugs an rapper dons".So let the south not be happy with Nas 10 years from now Nas will still be dropping knowledge or atleast remembered, while cats ask "who the fuck was lil jon"?

THEV1LL4N

its linx! said:
Honestly? Let them talk all the bullshit they want. The fact is, 95% of the southern music is fucking GARBAGE. I won't even hesitate to say it. And think what you want, but that's a non-biased opinion. I'm a huge hip hop fan, have been and will be. I enjoy good hip hop no matter where it comes from. But what I said is just a fucking fact. Dudes like Outkast, Scarface and Luda hold it down for the south. Fuck TI, fuck Young Jeezy, Fuck D4L and the rest of them clowns who think they make hip hop music. I don't agree with the term "Hip Hop Is Dead", but I also don't think those clowns are helping it any.
yea

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online