The Source's top 115 artists (from Aug '03 issues #167)

7 Syns

Not sure what the actual order is, due to no numbers being available but I think by the way the artists are placed it goes something like this.

Tupac Shakur
Jay-Z
N.W.A. (Dr. Dre, Eazy E, Ice Cube & MC Ren)
The Notorious B.I.G.
LL Cool J
Eric B. & Rakim
Public Enemy
Wu-Tang Clan
Nas
Snoop Dogg
Outkast
KRS-One
The Fugees (Lauryn Hill, Wyclef & Pras)
Queen Latifah
The Geto Boys (Scarface, Bushwick & Willie D)
DMX
Big Daddy Kane
Ice-T
Slick Rick
A Tribe Called Quest
EPMD
De La Soul
2 Live Crew
Heavy D
Kid N' Play
Too Short
Brand Nubian
DJ Quik
Onyx
Gangstarr
Das EFX
Redman
Coolio
MC Eiht
Bone Thugs-B-Harmony
Pastor Troy
Eminem
Da Brat
Foxy Brown
Biz Markie
Run-DMC
Naughty By Nature
Lil' Kim
Master P
Big Pun
Busta Rhymes
P.Diddy
Chubb Rock
AZ
Main Source
Ma$e
DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince
X-Clan
The Lox
The Dogg Pound
Spice-1
Akinyele
Twista
8Ball & MJG
Canibus
Cam'Ron
Capone-N-Noreaga
Three-6-Mafia
M.O.P.
Missy Elliott
Hot Boys
Talib Kweli
Organized Konfusion
Freddie Foxxx
Westside Connection (minus Cube. WC/Mack-10)
Benzino <-- WHAT THE FUCK?
Craigh Mack
The Lost Boyz
Xzibit
UGK
Shyne
The Roots
Mobb Deep
Ja Rule
Trick Daddy
Ludacris
Eve
Mos Def
Nelly <-- WHAT THE FUCK
Stetsasonis
Fat Joe
Jermaine Dupri <-- WHAT THE FUCK
Trine
Schoolly D
50 Cent
The Roc (Beanie Sigel, Memphis Bleek & Freeway)
DITC (Big L, Showbiz & AG, Diamond D)
Warren G
Beastie Boys
Keith Murray
Jungle Brothers
MC Lyte
Fabolous
Big Tymers
Common
E-40
Goodie Mob
dead prez
Digital Underground
The Pharcyde
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth
The D.O.C.
Kool Moe Dee
Special Ed
Black Moon
Salt N Pepa
Kool G Rap
Ultramagnetic MC's
Mystikal

--
Nelly, Zino and J.D. over Slum Village? King T? Hieroglyphics? O.C.? Above The Law? Do Or Die? MC Shan? Masta Ace?

Some shiesty shit here.

peace.

I remember seeing that list once before. I was pretty pissed at the ordering too because I don't think KRS-One was even in the top 5.

2 Live Crew, Kid n Play, Heavy D, Mystikal, Big Tymers, Trina, JD, Diddy, Lil Kim, Master P, Ma$e, Missy Elliot, Hot Boys, Benzino, and Nelly should all be removed from that list effective immediately. I know its the source's list and not yours, but just looking at a top 115 list that includes them hurts my brain.

Hallbanger said:
2 Live Crew, Kid n Play, Heavy D, Mystikal, Big Tymers, Trina, JD, Diddy, Lil Kim, Master P, Ma$e, Missy Elliot, Hot Boys, Benzino, and Nelly should all be removed from that list effective immediately. I know its the source's list and not yours, but just looking at a top 115 list that includes them hurts my brain.
hey man master p put out some quality music back in the day :thumb:

e40??? mystikal?? mase??? fucking mase??? over, like someone said, big l?? fuck the source...the source, i think had the video version of this on VH1 ( or it might been something else, but the order looked similar) and i agreed for the most part with most of the choices...but jay over biggie??? why does anyone still like jay-z?? i've lost respect after hearing the lines he stole from other rappers...then this cam'ron shit exposing jay even further...biggie made jay...how can biggie be below him?? and what is fat joe doing there?? god....

and i never woulda thought the LOX was gonna be on there...good choice though...best group ever...

DUB CEE said:
hey man master p put out some quality music back in the day :thumb:
i wont disagree with that. he did have some dope shit. that "pass me the green i need some weed with my hennesey" or whatever, song is tight.

and from what ive heard of heavy d, i don't dislike. i guess i just haven't heard enough of him to give him a fair judgement

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.