The songstress of Floetry to sign with Dr. Dre

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Aftermath CEO and super producer Dr. Dre has struck an informal deal with Marsha "the Songstress" Ambrosius of Floetry fame, and the two will produce a solo album for the London-born singer.

Dre, who recently attended one of the group's Los Angeles shows, already has a working relationship with Floetry. Futhermore, Ambrosius laid down backing vocals on the Dr. Dre-produced song "Start From Scratch" by The Game.

"I have been offered a once in a lifetime opportunity to create my own album," Ambrosius stated. "Along side the mastery of Dr. Dre's magic and the collaborative efforts of my choice, I shall make my personal mark in music history. Of course, the type of person that am, I took a lot into consideration. Whereas many wouldn't have even blinked an eye lid before saying yes, I actually did."

Ambrosius firmly stated that she was still a member of Floetry, a group that has accumulated seven Grammy nominations, most recently for Best Urban/Alternative Performance for "SupaStar," from the new album Flo'Ology.

"I've dreamt a long time that my chance would come and I deserve the opportunity to really tell my story," Ambrosius continued. "I believe that this would be completely beneficial to Floetry as well as my long term goals. I instantly got butterflies when I heard about the offer. I believe that the collaboration between myself and the powerhouse of Aftermath will put a glitch in the Matrix."

Sources told AllHipHop.com that a deal was still being negotiated, yet the two were still in the studio recording tracks for Ambrosius' debut solo effort, which does not have a release date at press time.

Floetry also received a nomination for Outstanding Duo or Group for the 37th Annual NAACP Image Awards, which airs on FOX in March.

Source : AHH.com

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
oh no dowt. im not knocking em. dre wouldnt have touchd em if they didnt have skillz.

but im saying it will help em sell more. cuz now people like me..will go out and buy they cd

SiGh said:
They about to sell millions and become golden, cuz dr. dre is touching em.
Tell me where are Truth Hurts & Rakim now...Signing with Dr. Dre doesn't necessary garantee to sell millions...

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Saaphir said:
Tell me where are Truth Hurts & Rakim now...Signing with Dr. Dre doesn't necessary garantee to sell millions...
not millions, fine. but truthhurts and rakims track produced by dre was ALL over the radio/tv..when theydroppd. i dowt if any other producer had done it..it would get as much as radio/video love as dre.

u gotta admit dat.

Dam n all this talk Like Dre's the man makes me feel sorry for Pac that his legacy has died.

He was a genius & a good judge of charecter & he said it himself that Dre was usless to him only recording 2 & 1/2 songs.

If Hussein Fatal was in Cali instead of Jersey attending court then Pac would be alive & Dre would be on more.

It's sad that Pac died & Dre picked-up where he left off.

Don't get me wron I thought That The Chronic 2001 was a masterpeice but what Followed. King T, Rakim, Hittman, Last Emperor, NWA 2000, no just 50 Cent, Feminem & now Game who's debut album sucked cause 50's influence is heavy on it & 50's musci sucks but Dre makes it barable that all ya'll can listen too it over & over again tili your satisfied.

We'll that's wrong. Dre's beats are hot but he only works with Bitches even though Game's gotten a hell of a lot better since he was kicked outta G-Unit for backing Nas.

Anyways I hope MR. World Class Wreckin Crew, Cross-dressing fagit Dre pulls all the cocks out his ass & takes his dick outta 50 Cent's ass & takes his face out of Eminem's ass & creates a decent album with a decent non-bitchass rapper.

I hope Dre does it soon otherwise he's destaned for distruction.

I hope Dre finnally finishes an album with Real production. Instead of Dre giveing Everyone throw away beats like the IN Da Club Beat & all the other new Eminem & 50 Cent, G0Unit songs.

The only cat Dre really produced for still is Game & then he edits his own verses out & adds fagits

I hope Aftermath makes a real change & goes back to The Chronic.

& if the next good album is Detox & it's full of too many bitches niggaz like Prodigy & Em then Dre can suck My Dick

Just Know You Not Hot
Unless you fuck wit Murder INC, Death Row & Rap-A-Lot Niggaz

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Black Jus said:
Just Know You Not Hot
Unless you fuck wit Murder INC, Death Row & Rap-A-Lot Niggaz

The 3 labels you listed haven't done anything for years and have a roster of talentless rappers. I'd prefer Dre to keep them off Detox, and I know he will.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.