The Scoop: Rihanna, Rakim

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Singer Rihanna was announced honorary cultural ambassador for her native Barbados last Thursday, February 21. Rumored boyfriend Chris Brown joined her. She is the second Bajan performer to win a Grammy award (she won earlier this month for “Umbrella” featuring Jay-Z) and has sold over 9 million albums. “I am so grateful,” she said of her new title, “and I have never been more proud to be Bajan.” The honor, bestowed upon her by Prime Minister David Thompson, also comes with a plot of land on the Caribbean island.

Back in the U.S., the Def Jam princess has been getting media attention for a NYC leukemia patient who doctors say only has four to six weeks to live if she doesn’t find a bone marrow donor. Rihanna works with an international donor network DKMS, through her own charitable foundation. “My own charity, Believe, works specifically with children in need [and with children with leukemia],” she told People.com. “Children need their mothers more than anything else in the world. Lisa [the NYC leukemia patient] has two children. My charity will continue to work with DKMS, because in finding a way to save Lisa's life, we will in turn be saving her children's lives.” DMC of Run-DMC is also linked to DKMS. For more information, visit www.DKMSAmericas.org.

Hip-hop legend Rakim is slated to drop his first solo studio album since 1999. The Archive Live, Lost & Found is mostly previously unreleased material and live performances, however, there are some newer songs like the single “It’s Nothing,” currently circulating on the Internet. The Archive Live, Lost & Found is expected March 4. Rakim is also reportedly on work on a complete set of new songs inspired by The Book of Revelation.

Source: BET.com

good fo rihanna. i donno wut a cultural ambassador iz, but i do kno chris brown aint her boyfriend. i swore some magazine said she was datin some white boy. donno da niggas off hand. rakim da rap god iz back wit dat lyrical fire. i been hearin 2 songs R.A.K.I.M. on da 8 mile soundtrack and 'guess whos back' he did a few years ago. i thot an album was gonna be out sooner an neither 1 of da songs i heard was on da 1999 cd. aint dat wild shyit?!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.