The Scoop: Nas, Rockwilder, Common, Andre 3000

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Fresh off his controversial Grammy red carpet appearance, Nas called into Jamie Foxx’s Sirius radio show, Foxxhole, to tell listeners his upcoming CD Ni--er will be released on April 22. Though most on-site reporters danced around actually saying the name of the album, Nas said he plans to “market the way I’ve always marketed… I’m just gonna extend myself to the people I feel is worthy of talking to.”

As to specifics on why he chose the title: “I want to offend people if I can, I want to anger people if I can because …nobody gonna tell the truth about race relations if they’re not offended or angered. Everybody’s just hiding ‘behind the veil of half truths’ is what I read in one book. Everybody’s hiding behind it and scared to touch it. They think if you don’t talk about it, it’ll go away. It never goes away, it just gets more sophisticated, more dangerous.”

After much anticipation, Outkast’s Andre 3000 finally gave the press and buyers a preview of his Benjamin Bixby fashion line at an invitation-only showing. The collection of over 70 pieces is inspired by 1930’s collegiate football players complete with elbow-patches and large cross-stitching details. No word yet on when his wool sweaters, corduroy blazers and high-wasted trousers will be available to consumers.

Common will perform your lyrics on MTV networks in an HIV/AIDS awareness advertising campaign. The contest, launched last Thursday, February 14, and running until March 27, calls for lyrics that explain – in one minute or less – why it is important to get tested for the disease. Visit www.AMinuteContest.com for more information.

Meanwhile, both Nas and Common as well as N.E.R.D., Erykah Badu, Public Enemy, KRS-One and many others can be seen in a photograph collection on display at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC. The collection is part of Recognize! Hip Hop and Contemporary Portraiture, an exhibit of hip-hop inspired art including poetry by Nikki Giovanni as well as graffiti, paintings and film by other contemporary artists. Recognize! will be up until October 26.

Hip-hop producer Rockwilder, who won a Grammy for the remake of Patti Labelle’s “Lady Marmalade” with Lil' Kim, Mya, Christina Aguilera and Pink, is dedicating himself to Christian hip-hop. “It’s a new movement going on. And it’s a situation whereas hip-hop has reached a level to where it’s boring. [I don’t] really wants to glorify the violent aspects of it,” he told Movement TV. “Right now, I’m pretty much doing a 360-degree [change] and bringing it back to the essence when I was first raised on that and that Christian music.”

Rockwilder has produced for Destiny’s Child, Janet Jackson, Jay-Z, and childhood friend Redman, and says he will still be open to working with certain acts. “You know, I’m still who I am, but I know my focus and my drive is going to be towards Christian music. I like the message, I like the music, I like the way it is received.”

Source: BET.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.