the roots - recommendations?

i recently bought the roots album called "do you want more !!???!!?"
and think it's got a lot of good songs on it, and up until recently i've really slept on the roots..

so anyways, i was wondering what is usually considered the best roots album? and which album would you recommend to buy next?

PuffnScruff

anything they ever touch is pretty much dope as fuck. things fall apart was my first roots cd. i fell in love with it right away. i use to listen to it every night back when i was in high school.

imo they have never had a bad cd. put to be fair i've never heard their first cd. i think their live cds are cool.

they also did a great job on jayz unplugged

roaches

Phrenology is their worst album. "Quills" and the first part of "Water" are worth listening to, though, and so is the original version of "Thought at Work" (not the one on the album)

Illadelph Halflife is their best album. Things Fall Apart and The Tipping Point are worth listening to. Organix (their first album) sucks.

Their live show > their albums.

The.Menace

Staff member
anything they ever touch is pretty much dope as fuck. things fall apart was my first roots cd. i fell in love with it right away
quote - It was my first album and it's great. I bought some other albmus too - they are all good.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.