The Roots - Game Theory

roaches

I couldn't listen to it in its entirety because I had to go to work, but from what I heard.... holy fucking shit.

Oh, and don't ask.

- The sampling game has been stepped up a lot.
- The percussion is some of the best in recent memory.
- Even though I'm more a fan of minimalist type beats, I really really liked the depth of these and the progressive building up (a la Kanye's "Gone").
- Black Thought showed further dimensions to his previously shallow and uncharismatic character, and his flow was nice when he played around with it ("Girl" and "Atonement").
- All in all, it makes The Tipping Point (bar "Star" and "Boom!") look like a nicely polished demo. On first listen, "Game Theory", "Atonement", and "Here I Come" will surely get plenty of rotation in my iPod. But really, it is all good. Nicely consistent.

Although the Dilla tribute was nice, and I hate to be a dick, I will probably play it as much as I did the second part of "Water" (once).

roaches

damn leaked over a month early, thats going to hurt.
You never know, maybe there'll be a Kid A effect. Ha.

I love how I got this and the non-promo version of the BCC album today. A Roots album and an album by a group that smashes guitars and drum kits in their videos to show how true they are. Both albums are top 10, though.

jbrolax

roaches said:
You never know, maybe there'll be a Kid A effect. Ha.

I love how I got this and the non-promo version of the BCC album today. A Roots album and an album by a group that smashes guitars and drum kits in their videos to show how true they are. Both albums are top 10, though.

Im not asking you for it, I was just curious on how to get it, if at all possible at the moment:thumb: Just really anxious to hear something with substance this year...and this could be it

PuffnScruff

1. The Roots - Dillatastic Vol Won(derful) (0:31)
2. The Roots - False Media (2:45)
3. The Roots - Game Theory (4:03)
4. The Roots - Don't Feel Right (4:41)
5. The Roots - In The Music (4:08)
6. The Roots - Take It There (2:53)
7. The Roots - Baby (2:53)
8. The Roots - Here I Come (4:12)
9. The Roots - Long Time (4:24)
10. The Roots - Livin' In A New World (1:49)
11. The Roots - Clock With No Hands (4:25)
12. The Roots - Atonement (2:37)
13. The Roots - Can't Stop This (8:38)

i'll be listening in a few minutes ill post my thoughts up later

Great album as anticipated, will definatly be buying this one upon its release. Only had one quick listen, already liking the title track and the dilla tribute a hell of a lot.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.