The Rise and Fall of the Rapper and Rap Music!

The Rise and Fall of the Rapper and Rap Music!

by Freeway Ricky Ross and Jimmy DaSaint
July 5, 2008

I remember back in the day when rapping was all about the art. One expressing himself through lyrics. Nowadays, most rappers are only in it for the money, how much bling they can wrap around their wrists and necks, and most of them are young, confused puppets of corporate America. What's worse is that most of them know this and yet they continue as if nothing's awry.

Continue: The Official Blog of the Real Freeway Ricky Ross

linx

Staff member
That was a good read. That dude was SERIOUS back in the day too. A huge, big time drug dealer. He's REALLY the type of dude that a lot of these rappers want to be and claim to be. There's others that were big time, but he's one of the bigger ones. I've read a lot about him before. He's completely right about rappers and their image too. There's so many rappers that try to act hard when it probably ain't even who they are. It's what they grew up around and they sort of took it and ran with it. But it ain't just rappers that do that. People in general do. Rappers are just the ones we see glorifying it on tv and through music. The biggest thing that saddens me is it ain't about who's nice on the mic anymore. That ain't what sells records. It's about what's hot today. Who can make the hottest dance. Who has a certain gimmick and all the rest of that bullshit.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.