The Richest in Hip-Hop

roaches

:thumb:

http://www.panachereport.com/website channel documents/hip hop gallery/2006RichestInHip-Hop.htm

After six months of extensive research, we have one new addition to our list this year-Jermaine Dupri recovered from the tax debt he suffered a few years ago and had a very successful year producing (The Emancipation of Mimi and co-producing Janet’s upcoming album).

Notable gains were made as overall wealth increased among our hip-hop stars, mainly by ‘The Neptunes,’ and ‘Ice Cube,’ thanks to the success of his television show and film franchises.

Master P. seems to be recovering from the bankruptcy he filed a few years ago but not enough to be included on this year’s list. His latest business ventures are not lucrative enough at this stage and Will Smith is not included on this list because he is more of an 'actor' instead of a rapper.

Once again, rap moguls Jay-Z (last year’s winner) and P. Diddy were in a dead heat. Thanks to the sell of ‘Bad Boy’ records to Warner Music Group and revenue from the ‘Sean Jean’ clothing line, Diddy grossed $25 million for 2005/2006 thus far.

Jay-Z grossed $20 million thus far for 2005/2006. Revenue was generated from his stake in the New Jersey Nets, Armadale vodka, his 40/40 night-club chain and the $3 million he makes in salary for his presidential duties at ‘Def Jam,’ Records.

The tiebreaker and deciding factor was Diddy’s “Unforgivable” men’s cologne, which is the top selling fragrance since its release in February. ‘Unforgivable,’ is averaging sales between $1.3 million and $1.5 million per week which is unheard of; successful fragrances typically sell $650,000 per week.

Diddy has received an additional $6 million this year, generated from the sales of his cologne, bringing his overall wealth total to: $346 million. Jay-Z’s overall wealth total for 2006; is: $340 million.

View the entire list below.

1. P. Diddy, $346 Million
2. Jay-Z, $340 Million
3. Russell Simmons, $325 Million
4. Damon Dash, $200 Million
5. Neptunes, $155 Million
6 Dr. Dre, $150 Million
7. Ice Cube, $145 Million
8. Eminem, $110 Million
9. 50 Cent, $100 Million
10. Nelly, $60 Million
10. (Tie) Jermaine Dupri, $60 Million

NOTABLE MENTION (FUTURE MOGULS)

1. Kanye West, with the success of his record label (John Legend) and an upcoming clothing line and films, expect West to grace this list in the near future. He currently signed to go on tour with the Rolling Stones and he made $16.9 million off his “Touch The Sky Tour,” last year.

2. Rapper T. I. has investments in clubs, detail shops and a production company.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
im always confused as hell as to how puffy gets all of his money? he stays on top of the list every year most of the time hardly hear about his ass. its not like BAD BOY is on top. what other shit he do?

I figured it would be either russell or bill gates @ top

roaches

e stays on top of the list every year most of the time hardly hear about his ass.
‘Unforgivable,’ is averaging sales between $1.3 million and $1.5 million per week which is unheard of; successful fragrances typically sell $650,000 per week.
Plus Sean John, royalties, investments, etc.

EDouble said:
im always confused as hell as to how puffy gets all of his money? he stays on top of the list every year most of the time hardly hear about his ass. its not like BAD BOY is on top. what other shit he do?

I figured it would be either russell or bill gates @ top
Yea its pretty nuts that hes always number one.. But all the sales from Sean John, his cologne, his tv show appearences, plus he still gets money everytime you buy a B.I.G album.. Plus Cassie's album is probaly gonna go Platinum since just about every female i know is feeling her..

I never thought back in '94-'95 Puff Daddy would become a household name.. I mean, the guy gets mentioned in the Simpsons, plus just about everyone knows where "sending someone to get a cheesesteak" is from.. Crazy shit.

EDIT: Now that i think about it, Ive put cash in Puff pockets this year.. The Sean John summer line had some nice shirts and hats that i bought.. The Kung Lao/Bulletproof Monk Chinese T-Shirts they came out with are pretty dope..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.