The Rapsody Overture

I know that it's an old album but I found it on a DVD and started to listening to it and I have to say that it's a pretty good compilation album. My favorites are "E Lucean Le Stelle" by Xzibit, "Prince Igor" by Warren G, "Syrinx" by Redman and "Nessun Dorma" by Mobb Deep. The choruses are so relaxing and I love the way how they mixed classic music with rap. What y'all think of it?

Back in the days this was great compilation in my eyes. Rap and classic = great mix. That's what this album proves. And, I'll add Onyx 'Vissi D' Arte' to your list. :) I also have Vol. 2...

The Rapsody Overture....never heard of it.

So they mixed classic music w/ rap songs? if so i def. have to check it out. Please let me know if this album is in another language.lol.

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
The Rapsody Overture....never heard of it.

So they mixed classic music w/ rap songs? if so i def. have to check it out. Please let me know if this album is in another language.lol.
Not mixes, they produced beats with classic song samples and then they asked some rappers (like Warren G, Redman etc) to rap over them.

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000007WPB/ref=sr_11_1/104-2054773-2123121?ie=UTF8

Btw the guy who sings many hooks on the album sounds like Andrea Bocelli for me. Any1 could confirm it if it's true?

damn sounds real good, i already checked out the album and tracklisting. The tracklisting confused me because of the language that it was in. Seeing that most of these people rapping i notice are from america is it safe to say that the name of the track is the name of the classic sample they used while producing the beat?

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
damn sounds real good, i already checked out the album and tracklisting. The tracklisting confused me because of the language that it was in. Seeing that most of these people rapping i notice are from america is it safe to say that the name of the track is the name of the classic sample they used while producing the beat?
Yes the titles are from the original classic tracks, the langauges of the tracks are english.:)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.