The only rapper that doesn't get shit on...

Bobby Sands

I guess its because he is arguably the greatest lyricist of all time.and because of the classic albums Eric B & Rakim released and the solo albums he released.Eric B deserves alot of credit as well though.

GZA is a great lyricist.He gets alot of respect because of his knowledge and being one of the best Wu-Tang members.

Ive seen alot of people criticise Mos Def here.

I just find it intresting because GZA and Rakim arent that diffrent from each other in terms of rapping...but thats a whole other thread. Just speaks on the nature of this board.

Rakim is the greatest lyricist of all time, he has more classic albums than any other rapper, he's never dumbed down his lyrics to make a radio hit or to get a commercial listener. There's a reason why he's called "The God."

AmerikazMost

Tupac Tha Great said:
Eric B deserves alot of credit as well though.
Eh, no.

Beyond giving Rakim the opportunity through his connections, Eric B. had minimal contributions to Ra's success. Rakim or others (i.e. Large Professor) did most of the production, with Eric doing the scratching and adding minor radio friendly touches. Of the total work that Rakim and Eric B. did on the albums, Rakim did 70-80% of it.
gerrycurl21 said:
Never heard someone bad talk Big L or Pun
I know that I've talked bad about Big L. He's overhyped. He had skill, but if he wasn't killed, there's no way he'd be in any "greatest" conversations. I think he is witty and that he shows flashes of brilliance, but I also feel that he is inconsistent and boring.

People don't say bad things about Rakim and GZA (beyond Bombsquad) because it's hard to insult consistent, quality, multi-faceted rappers.

At least those two are talked about though. What about Black Thought? What about anyone from Brand Nubian? When's the last time you heard about Kool G Rap beyond comparative discussions with Rakim and Big Daddy Kane? When's the last time you heard Scarface mentioned in reference to something other than that new bullshit album with 2Pac?

Where's the love for Slick Rick? SOMEBODY TELL ME

AmerikazMost said:
Eh, no.

Beyond giving Rakim the opportunity through his connections, Eric B. had minimal contributions to Ra's success. Rakim or others (i.e. Large Professor) did most of the production, with Eric doing the scratching and adding minor radio friendly touches. Of the total work that Rakim and Eric B. did on the albums, Rakim did 70-80% of it.

I know that I've talked bad about Big L. He's overhyped. He had skill, but if he wasn't killed, there's no way he'd be in any "greatest" conversations. I think he is witty and that he shows flashes of brilliance, but I also feel that he is inconsistent and boring.

People don't say bad things about Rakim and GZA (beyond Bombsquad) because it's hard to insult consistent, quality, multi-faceted rappers.

At least those two are talked about though. What about Black Thought? What about anyone from Brand Nubian? When's the last time you heard about Kool G Rap beyond comparative discussions with Rakim and Big Daddy Kane? When's the last time you heard Scarface mentioned in reference to something other than that new bullshit album with 2Pac?

Where's the love for Slick Rick? SOMEBODY TELL ME
I still listen to Scarface even though I don't have all of his albums. Mr. Scarface Is Back is one of my favorite albums ever.

Big L gets shafted as only being a punchline rapper and what gives wanna be heads points to be into. I have only seen GZA talked bad when compared to Meth (I dont agree) and Ghost. And the fact he lost his touch after Forever. Rakims only been attacked for his voice but he seems to be one of a few to not fallen off a substantial amount.

I have never understood why method man is held in such high regard, out of all the wu-tang mc's out of rank he'd be near the bottom in my opinion...no way is he better than deck, gza, ghost, Raekwon and even rza...

DEEJAY* said:
I have never understood why method man is held in such high regard, out of all the wu-tang mc's out of rank he'd be near the bottom in my opinion...no way is he better than deck, gza, ghost, Raekwon and even rza...

Rza he kills as well as Raekwon.....in my opinion he is one of the most veristle of the Wu, much like Ghost, incoperating all the styles that made the Wu what it was except for maybe INS and Masta Killa. Deck has never shined outside the Wu as much as Meth and RZA isn't that good of a lyricist. Ghost will always be the best to me with GZA (although this is more personle taste I tend to agree that Meth is the 2nd best due to the content he has producced solo and on Wu records/cameos on other Wu member solo songs...)

Rakim always seemed to be not as verstile as he could be to warrent GOAT title but thats maybe because his flow is the same no matter if he spitting 5% theories or macking a hoe like on "Mahogony"

Mr.Deuce said:
dru down/lunit/richie rich/spice 1

TB luvz tha bay.

The thing is man they had a huge thread ripping people who ride these rappers jocks just because 2pac worked with them....except for lunit. So yes TB has gotten at the bay as well....I dont remember who did the thread but it was a genral statement of liking the same people Pac worked with (mainly concerning the bay/thug life/outlawz rappers not artist like Snoop and Dre who established themselves) and hating the people Pac hated.....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.