Which one do you think is and was better

the old south consists of cats like
ugk
eight ball&mjg
scarface
tela
goodie mob
The whole no limit movement
suave house records etc......(mr.mike,thorough,crimeboss etc...)
lil wayne,unlv,juve(thats when mannie fresh was bringing that bounce sorta like crunk but quite not)
also the beats were almost like west coast beats but with less funk

the new south consist of cats like
t.i
luda
jim crow
lil jon
crime mob etc
trillville
yin yang twins
petey pablo
clipse etc............
The beats are more bassier bassicly its like booty shake music but slowed down and more basier

anyway which one you think is better and please dont poast if you dont know wtf you are talking about.Thanks

Lok

This is not even debatable. Old South.
The New South brings alot of heat (most of the post 2000 allbums I bought came from the South/Mid-West), but you can't compare it to the old South. There are so many classics out there it's ridiculous.

Including outkast, yea its not even debatable, but the new south is ruling hiphop right now, and Ti is my fav. Urban Legend was fire, I hope "Tha King" or "Motivation" would be his next single. the King would be fire!!! :thumb:

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
I think t.i is going to have some trouble though.Because lil wayne is comming 4 his spot.Mark my words

Of course the old south, the only good rapper in the 'new south' is Ludacris.

Old south had much better stories, poetry, innovations. Dont forget Uncle Luke nd the 2live crew. They were one of the most criticised groups with their influence still lasting in the game. They make songs for real bitches ..'me so horny...' Thats what the whole rap game does now.

Actually, it's about a tie to me. As far as the Old and New South, there are some nice rappers (Scarface, Lil' Wayne). But for the most part, the South produces mostly garbage rappers, IMO

VENOMOUS

june16 said:
Of course the old south, the only good rapper in the 'new south' is Ludacris.

Old south had much better stories, poetry, innovations. Dont forget Uncle Luke nd the 2live crew. They were one of the most criticised groups with their influence still lasting in the game. They make songs for real bitches ..'me so horny...' Thats what the whole rap game does now.
Imo you really need to expand your knowledge and go listen to

z-ro
field mob
cunninglyst
bun b(really old south)
t.i
young buck
david banner
trick daddy
slim thug
clipse
jim crowe
dirty
u just need to stop forming an opion based on what you hear on the radio

The new southern rappers grew on me. Those are some talented dudes. David Banner, Lil Wayne, Clipse etc. They make great music.

But, none of them got shit on 'Face.

7 Syns

Bun-B, 8Ball, André and Scarface alone are better the entire new south movement of emcee's. So old for me, the classics that came out were great. "Comin Out Hard", "Super Tight", "World Is Yours", "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik" etc..

peace.

VENOMOUS

Tito said:
The new southern rappers grew on me. Those are some talented dudes. David Banner, Lil Wayne, Clipse etc. They make great music.

But, none of them got shit on 'Face.
acutually lil wayne been out since 93/94 and i think he coined the term old south.But yeah face is a legend.

_carmi

me, myself & us
its pretty much a tie for me. the old south got a lot of classics and lyrics are great. but the new south got those beats with losta bass that i like and i like pretty much luda, t.i., clipse. but i'm not too much into lil jon, ying yang twins and those kinds of rappers that are truly garbage.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.