(The Official Unofficial) 50 Cent(Thread)

Mr.Deuce

Mr.Deuce Wigalow: Male E-Gigolo
He´s A Sell-Out.MTV-Rapper.Hip-Popper.
But Can A Underground/Gangsta/Hardcore Rap Listener Listen To 50`s Shit?If Yes, Name Some Songs.

Discuss 50`s Music.Is He Dope?Is He A "Gangsta Rapper" Like The Media Describes Him?No!

Go On...

Does 50 Cent need a thread? Little discussions such as these are why his name is still in people's mouths, which leads to him selling more albums and making more money.

roaches

Yes, 50 Cent is a gangsta rapper.

Yes, he has good music. GRODT is a classic. In the early '00s, he was killing it on the mixtape scene. The 2050 mixtape that dropped before his last album was also pretty good.

I always liked 50 Cent.. I've been on the net on a regular basis since about February, and I can say that the net and "reality" are almost like 2 different things from what ive seen on online forums..

For example, go to any internet board and most of the people (male and female) will say 50's wack, 50's trash, etc. and almost everyone will say Ras Kass is one of the greatest (which i personaly think hes good; not great tho).. But then in reality, 50 sells millions and millions of records, but Ras Kass has MAYBE sold 150,000 total.. and thats probaly stretching it..

So its like.. Do people hate the guy on top, just to hate? It seems like on the internet the "in" thing to do is diss the guy on top, and root for the underdog that nobody at your job/school/work has ever or will ever hear of.. I got a feeling that half of the people that say 50's garbage, are the same people who tell there boy "Yo turn that shit up" when 50's new single starts playing in their car.

It kinda reminds me of 2pac back in '96-'97.. I'd be playin 2pac in my walkman, someone would ask me who im listenin too, I'd say Pac, and they'd be like "Yo turn that bitch shit off"... But then ill go thru a persons cd collection in there house, and just about everyone has a copy of All Eyez On Me.. I just dont understand it..

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
Fataldawg said:
I always liked 50 Cent.. I've been on the net on a regular basis since about February, and I can say that the net and "reality" are almost like 2 different things from what ive seen on online forums..

For example, go to any internet board and most of the people (male and female) will say 50's wack, 50's trash, etc. and almost everyone will say Ras Kass is one of the greatest (which i personaly think hes good; not great tho).. But then in reality, 50 sells millions and millions of records, but Ras Kass has MAYBE sold 150,000 total.. and thats probaly stretching it..

So its like.. Do people hate the guy on top, just to hate? It seems like on the internet the "in" thing to do is diss the guy on top, and root for the underdog that nobody at your job/school/work has ever or will ever hear of.. I got a feeling that half of the people that say 50's garbage, are the same people who tell there boy "Yo turn that shit up" when 50's new single starts playing in their car.

It kinda reminds me of 2pac back in '96-'97.. I'd be playin 2pac in my walkman, someone would ask me who im listenin too, I'd say Pac, and they'd be like "Yo turn that bitch shit off"... But then ill go thru a persons cd collection in there house, and just about everyone has a copy of All Eyez On Me.. I just dont understand it..

you are SPOT ON man...

Dave D

Fataldawg said:

Couldnt have put it better myself.

Little Skittle

It's kinda funny kuz I havent listened to rap AT ALL in about 2 weeks. I had a sudden urge to throw on rap just now before I seen this thread, and it was old 50 cent. 50 Cent - good rapper, but he does some bitch things.

Fataldawg said:

You are damn right. :thumb:

I dont think 50's the best rapper and not even in my top 5 MC's.. Probaly near the end of my top 10 though. When his mixtapes were dropping in '01 and '02, "Bad News" was my anthem.. That one mix cd with him and G-Unit on it (I think it was red, white and blue on the cover.. called "50 Cent Is The Future if I remember correctly) I played like crazy when I first bought it.. I never listened to Power Of A Dollar before that... The only song I ever heard off that was "How to Rob" back then..

GRODT was a great cd.. EVERYBODY and yea I mean EVERYBODY was bumpin that when it came out.. Lotta good songs on that one..

The Massacre was just "ok" when I 1st heard it, but after listening to it I started liking it even more.. Yea, there were alot of filler tracks I felt, but alot of good ones also.. Especially the 1st two songs.. They were gritty and grimey as hell! And lets face it, even 50 haters were feeling "This Is How We Do" and "Hate It Or Love It" when Games album dropped.

The thing about 50... I'm not sure if its charisma or him being in the media/hiphop news all the time, but 50 is one of the few rap artists that people who dont even listen to rap, like.. I work with a few guys in there 20's who are surfers/emos/skaters/hicks that HATE rap, are racist, dont have any minority friends, BUT they will be at Sam Goody the second it opens to buy 50's new album the 1st day it drops..

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
50 Cent sings but so does every rapper pretty much I can think of who has released a mainstream album.

The only 1 I can't remember singing is Dre.

Fataldawg said:
It seems like on the internet the "in" thing to do is diss the guy on top, and root for the underdog that nobody at your job/school/work has ever or will ever hear of..

So true. It's like who likes the most underground rapper = Larger Penis.

Fataldawg said:
kinda reminds me of 2pac back in '96-'97..
More like from 94-96. Pac had so much hate, but a shit load of love too. But very much like 50, people were calling Pac fake and a snitch. But if you mention that to a hip-hop fan they go mad and deny it. Probably because they are post 96 Pac fans.

power of a dollar was the only thing worth listening to. 50s wack. His raps are awkward, he's a bitch and a hipocryte. No respect from my side.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
PELLA said:
power of a dollar was the only thing worth listening to. 50s wack. His raps are awkward, he's a bitch and a hipocryte. No respect from my side.

Power Of the Dollar had 5 solid tracks. I skip the rest. I loved 50 back then. Admitedly he has gone a little downhill, but hasn't mainstream hip-hop as a whole?

When 50 was the underdog he had a huge fanbase, even Hip-hop heads loved him. He even had his own section on Hitemup.com. Now he is rich everyone hates him.

I don't think he's a hypocrite, I think people get his words twisted. A lot of people don't understand shit. He never complained about Ja Rule singing Hooks, he only sings hooks. All rappers sing hooks. If you liked POTD did you skip the tracks where he sings hooks?

50 talks a lot of sense. The man is clued up. It will take a lot to take 50 down and he knows security is important. A lot of rappers think that gangbangers are good security, or they are too "hard" to need security. A lot of those rappers were shot and/or killed.

So hate it or love it, he is going to be around for a while and he will be successful. I personally think he'd stop rapping if he could find a rapper on his label, or a group of rappers who'd have the same appeal as him. He knows what he says is shit, but he also knows it sells. And why make albums if you don't want them to sell.

It could be worse, he could have been as talented as Eminem was, and as shit now as Eminem is.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.