The Official UK Garage Thread

THEV1LL4N

Okay, so Garage was popularised in the mid to late 90s and become huge underground. Can be linked with house, bassline, rap, dance, jungle, D&B, grime and electronic music.

Okay so im going to post some links to some songs, check them out and listen to/watch them. Most will be old skool i.e. late 90s, very early 00s.

Okay, starting off with Oxide and Neutrino. Their beats are mad, and they performed at my school. Something i thought of as peculiar considering my school was a grammar school and id never known for anyone else to perform there (to my knowledge, then this duo all of a sudden emcee'd on stage). Anyway...

Next up: So Solid Crew - these lot became massive over here, their smash hit 21 seconds made a lasting impression and set the standard for many urban uk artists/groups. Video is good too. Notice how everyone's verse actually lasts precisely 21 seconds, cleverly assembled.

"Envy", below, is over the same beat as "They Dont know" and features Ms. Dynamite who i think smashes this off. Her delivery is sick on this.

Finally, BIG underground hit before it hit the mainstream...

More on the way soon... Those are just some of my favourites...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.