The New West Thread

THEV1LL4N

There's not much west coast on these boards. With that in mind, there is pretty much no coverage on new west coast artists in here. Most probably wouldn't even know who Taje, Young Maylay or Nipsey Hussle are.

But its just another excuse for me to make another thread full of songs. Like ive said before, the quality is there - you just have to look for it. Imma bring it to you. Help would be appreciated.

Note: and oh, there may be the occasional video/song from old west coast artists who have made new songs. in fact, that might happen often with people such as kurupt, b-real, xzibit collaborating with new aritsts.

First lot:

Young Maylay, who is signed to Lench Mob records, has recorded with DJ Crazy Toones, WC, King Tee, Jayo Felony, Xzibit and MC Ren and is set to feature on Ice Cube's new album "I Am The West":

anyone remember him. he did the GTA San Andreas Theme song. he has a mixtape out called "San Andreas - The Original Mixtape"

THEV1LL4N

Three of my favourite below:

This one the "Queensbridge-California Remix" of Ain't Nuthin Changed by Blaq Poet, produced by DJ Premier, also featuring west coast legend MC Eiht from Compton's Most Wanted:

THEV1LL4N

Introducing Young De (pronounced Dee, not Day) aka Demerick - (not to be confused with Young Dre The Truth).

Young De is signed to B-Real's Audio Hustlaz Entertainment and part of a rap trio group with B-Real and Xzibit called the "Serial Killaz", album coming soon...

THEV1LL4N

just some taje videos:

Taje has 3 mixtapes out, Hot Box - The Mixtape classic, Hot Box 2, Hot Box 3. Some really good songs.

There's one track from Hot Box 3 that i really wanna introduce you all to... you'll love it if you like storytelling rap songs. Great flow, little crime story, ambience about the track everything. quite funny too. Its called "Help me".

but i'll up it later unless i can find a link or video. in the meantime....

he's worked with Bishop Lamont on numerous occasions, Chevy Jones, Glasses Malone, Mopreme Shakur, DJ Khalil, Dae One, Mike Anthony, Diverse, Crooked I, 9th Wonder, Balance, Mr. Porter.

He is signed to Thug Life.

THEV1LL4N

i'll leave there for now since i want to go and do some reading... and hopefully, quite a few of you will visit, listen, discuss and post some videos, songs, mixtapes, links etc... too.

Thank you all.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
yeh young maylay is pretty good. i first checked him out because he did the voice for CJ in san andreas. west coast music is probably my favorite sub genre of rap

THEV1LL4N

Free Mixtapes:

I'll post this one for the sake of it, because Focus... (the Aftermath producer) has worked with a number of west coast artists and i know a few of you will appreciate the features on here.

Focus Presents - Dedicated

For the past few years, LNS Entertainment, the company founded by Taje & Dae One, has been a major supporter of many of the hottest projects coming out of the West Coast. From marketing, to recording at the LNS Studios, virtually every New West artist has come through LNS Ent. at some point.

To showcase their accomplishments, LNS will release a 2-album compilation called "The Stash". The first disc, dropping for free download on Dubcnn on 4/20, will feature a combination of previously heard and unreleased material from a lot of your favorite artists.
LNS Presents - 420: The Stash [Untagged Compilation]

Young De - Audio Hustlaz Vol. 1 (Platinum Edition) Executive Produced by: B-Real & Damizza

THEV1LL4N

new cypress hill. i love this song!! it made me so happy when this came on my holiday in italy, in the coach on the way back from a long day in rome!

New Ice Cube:

Warren G - 100 Miles & Runnin' (Feat. Raekwon & Nate Dogg)

THEV1LL4N

Anyone heard of Dr. Dre's son Curtis Young - He used to go by the name of 'Hood Surgeon' and already has 2 mixtapes out:

Look how far he's come since:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online