The most important album made by an artist / act from Pennsylvania?

FroDawgg said:
what would make it important? do you mean the quality of it? impact?
I have deliberately not defined 'important' to get a wider breadth of answers. It should be reasonably self explanatory that certain albums are important for different reasons thus any answer should take into acount the varying significane of such reasons.

AmerikazMost

roaches said:
The album with "PSK" on it.
it was self-titled and "PSK" was the only thing significant about it IMO

The most important group: The Roots
The most important Roots album: Things Fall Apart

The most important album from PA, however, was He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
i believe LU Cipha is from Pennsylvenia, they're a horrorcore/hip hop group who's got a small following on the net, and have dropped a few albums worth checking out

AmerikazMost

albohemia said:
Care to expand? Is your opinion influienced by the grammy award?
A little bit, but not on the whole. I mean, is winning a Grammy not significant? And they did it their way too. Will Smith was a goofball. He liked being funny, he liked having a good time, and without this album, there probably would have been no Fresh Prince of Bel Air, no Men in Black, no Ali. Really, it made a name for Philly (who doesn't know, "West Philadelphia, born and raised"?).

And Jazzy Jeff was straight up nasty on the turntables. Even if the content was comical and commercial - though without selling out - it was hip-hop.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online