The Masta Ace Experience - Live

7 Syns

Last night I was lucky enough to see Masta Ace perform live for the 1st time in Brisbane, great overall experience as Ace ran through a massive chunk of his catalouge. From his early days cuts off "Take A Look Around", "Slaughtahouse" & "Sittin' On Chrome" to his later projects in "Disposable Arts" & "A Long Hot Summer".

He was supported by fellow EMC members, Wordsworth & Strickline along side DJ Flo Fadar. The highlight of the moment was went he decided to test the peoples hip-hop knowledge with snippets of old Juice Crew members beats which in turn the people had to shout who that beat belonged too.. Some smart ass kept shouting Marley Marl the whole way through lol.

Anyways alot of local artists came out too, the 1st ones to perform were fucken dope. However the rest of the acts failed to impress especially these 2 Rukas look-a-like's who were wack in all aspects.

On another hilarious note some fat white rapper from Oakland also performed, he was one of the wackest cats I've EVER heard.. He was more or less fucking some local in the upstairs section of the venue while Ace was performing, my homie just happened to be near them watching Ace from that level when he said something to my homie.. next thing you know this fat white rapper gets knocked the fuck out!. His shades get broken, his drink spilled all over him and my homie gets kicked out... one song shy to the concerts end anyways (which i think Ace closed it with BKLYN Masala).

So yeah, great night. I'm tired as fuck tho... as far as live performances go Masta Ace = Talib Kweli (saw him 2 months ago). Dope shit. Next up is K-Os.

peac3.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.