The King interview: Speaking on 2pac & The Game

Q: Who would you say is your biggest influences on your music?

A: It might sound cliche, but I gotta give it up to 2pac. His lyrical content is too crazy. Other westcoast acts like Dilated Peoples, Eazy E, DPG, Dre & Snoop, MC Eiht, NWA, etc. influenced me also.

Q: Word gotta show love for the West. What your thoughts on the new westcoast cats like the Game and Lil Eazy?

A: To be honest, I ain't feeling The Game's counterfeit image, but I gotta give it up to him. His album went gold in its first week, so he's bringing something back to the westcoast. Right now I'm feelin' Guerilla Black, Roscoe, Crooked I, Eastwood, and my material. As for Lil' Eazy, I don't know much about him except that he's been on a few mixtape tracks with Game. It's a trip how he sounds like his pops.

Read More: http://www.canadaunderground.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=2

Source: CanadaUnderground.com

ToopackShaker said:
hes talking as if he's part of the west coast scene in cali
Geographically he's in the westcoast, so he's part of the westcoast scene. Most of the westcoast acts are from Cali, so obviously he'll speak about those dudes.

Pain Of Depth said:
^^ I like Guerilla Black's music
me to his CD is hot as fuck.

and I agree with the game having a manufactured image.

I was a big fan of The Game and was happy he hooked up with Dre but now I kind of wish he would have stayed with JT, least then he was not always saying he is a "Blood", and his lyrics where more unique.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.