The Greatness & Diversity of Outkast

Eric

I came to such a conclusion ages ago with Rosa Parks, Bombs Over Baghdad, etc (and saw the greatness even with the second album ATLiens)...and has now been reinforced with the Big Boi solo from Idlewild, Morris Brown.

I absolutely love this song. Produced by Andre 3000 himself and features the Morris Brown College Band. This is on a totally different tip than the path most Hip Hop is on today. Whilst I realize this song is not for everybody, there's the other single Mighty O. Therein lies the diversity. I don't care much for Mighty O, but I find a lot of people like that song and dislike Morris Brown. Outkast makes songs for everyone.

Outkast doesn't mold to society's standards, they set trends. And the media always comes to them. This is why I love Outkast. Morris Brown just may have me sold on buying the Idlewild Soundtrack.

:thumb: :thumb:

Eric

Militant said:
lol @ you editing the post.

not a fan of southernplayalisticadillacmuzik then?
I am, but it gets more credit than it deserves just because it was the first album. Often in music the first album is the best and then it's down hill. That's not the case here. And it's not the case with the great ones in hip hop.

PuffnScruff

Big Easy said:
I am, but it gets more credit than it deserves just because it was the first album. Often in music the first album is the best and then it's down hill. That's not the case here. And it's not the case with the great ones in hip hop.
i agree with that, i think their 2nd and even their 3rd album is better than southernplayalisticblahblahblah

never really saw why so many people hold that album so high, then again those are the same people that think lil wayne is the greatest thing since i cant believe its not butter in a spray bottle

W210

I think southernplayalisticcadillacmusik was their best, each album gets worse in my opinion, possibly because they rap less and less on each album. Wth that being said aquemini is still a great cd and as are the 2 that came before.

PuffnScruff said:
i agree with that, i think their 2nd and even their 3rd album is better than southernplayalisticblahblahblah

never really saw why so many people hold that album so high, then again those are the same people that think lil wayne is the greatest thing since i cant believe its not butter in a spray bottle
:thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.