The greatest producer

TheCat

Madlib and Dilla should get mentions too, i know its predictable.

but heres some of my personal favourites.
DJ MUGGS,
HAVOC
Erick Sermon
Prince Paul

THEV1LL4N

i really cant decide but here a list of my favourites (no sepcific order):

dr. dre
dj premier
mr. porter
j dilla
timbaland
rza
eminem
mathmetics
q-tip
dj muggs
hi-tek
dj khalil
focus

there are some more though. and i must say that ever since timbaland has gone into "superproducer" status producing almost every single in the charts as of late, i think his production is way too repetitive, predictable, mediocre and no where near what it used to be. he's a lot more diverse now in the sense that he is making beats for rock, pop, r&b and hip hop.

THEV1LL4N

just listening to young de's audio hustlaz vol. 1 mixtape and this just reminded me how nice b-real production is.

i also like b-real
damizza
dae one
diverse

Chronic

I think Three Six Mafia have had the best production (as far as how tight a beat is) over the last decade. I think DJ Paul and Juicy J are the most responsible for that but I'm not sure.
DJ Paul and Juicy J are the producers yeah. They've pretty much produced everything on the Three 6 Mafia albums and related artists since 1991.

I don't feel like thinking of a top producers list but I like S O F I's pick. Even if you don't care for their music they've been constantly good for at least 15 years (production-wise).

masta247

Staff member
They are quite constant but can they compare to the RZA or Preemo which are also constantly dope and imo make better beats overall?

S. Fourteen

Salty is like "hear that little noise in the background, OMG SO DOPE" but i'm like "dude the beat doesn't do anything for me, I don't care how complex it is."
It's like this - El-P's beats are like "damn, I've heard this before but I've never ever heard anything like this" and "this shit is so familiar yet unfamiliar"

it's like "this has got to be an El-P beat"

I like three6 and some of their songs are still entertaining but it's like "I think I've heard this before, who's beat is this?"

I guess it all depends on the type of beats, but my personal favorites that have beeen doing it for tiime

Priemo
Muggs
Dre

I love Rza's shit but these days, he's either hit or miss

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.