The good and bad in 2009

masta247

Staff member
2009 is already over and I think it might be a nice idea to sum up everything good that happened that year. What is worth mentioning in your opinion? Best and worst moments/songs/albums?

I hate to say it but my favorite commercial track was made by Jay-Z and I actually like it (Empire state of mind).

After getting bored with almost all 2009 albums right now I can honestly say that my favorite albums that year were:

1.) Edu Leedz - "Mass Movementz - The Album"
It contained a lot of great tracks with no filler ones. Just plain great hip-hop and awesome beats. My favorite 2009 tracks are on this album.

2.) Buckshot & Krs One - "Survival Skills"
I can honestly say that my expectations for this one weren't that high. It turned out really good and it was my favorite 2009 album for quite a long time. That is until I realized that I've slept on Mass Movementz for so long.

3.) Raekwon - "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx pt.2"
Quite obviously my list would be heavily biased without it. Right now I know that it's not as good as the first one - beats were okay but lyrics not as often. Anyway it's a good hip-hop album and I don't think anything deserves a higher place except for the 2 mentioned above.

4.)Good thing is also a lot of shitty rappers going to jail. I hope they won't have a comeback (Gucci Mane, Lil Boosie and Max B just to name a few).

If it comes to the fail part I'd say Aftermath. Shady/G-unit and whatnot. Rakim and TI also failed.

Maybe I've slept on something this year so feel free to disagree and post anything that you find good or bad about 2009 hip-hop.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.