The Game prepares Doctor's Advocate

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The Game's feud with 50 Cent hasn't tarnished the Compton rapper's relationship with Dr. Dre, and he's making that clear with the title of his next album.

"It's called The Dr.'s Advocate," the Game revealed at Saturday's Vibe Awards. "It means Dr. Dre's the man; what he says goes. He's got the formula, and we gonna make it happen."

The Game's already been in the studio with Dre and said his beef with 50, who is also signed under Aftermath, hasn't been an issue.

"Dr. Dre makes good music," the Game explained. "Eminem, 50 Cent, myself, we all sell records, we're all protégés of Dr. Dre. So me and 50's beef stays outside and we don't bring it in the house."

Asked if he and 50 would ever be able to put aside their differences, much like Jay-Z and Nas did recently, the Game, who had "G-Unot" shaved into his hair, said he's focused on the new record and "already looked past them."

Along with Dre, The Dr.'s Advocate will feature production from Kanye West, Just Blaze, Timbaland, Scott Storch and Cool & Dre.

"Same soup, different kitchen," the Game said. "We gonna get it done, sell a million records the first week."

Also aiding in that cause are such unlikely collaborators as Good Charlotte's Benji and Joel Madden.

"It's just gangsta-rap punk rock," the Game said of their track. "It's been done before on a bigger scale with Run-DMC and that thing they did back in the day with 'Walk This Way,' so it's just mixing the music genres, having fun. And those are my neighbors. I always jump over the back fence and walk in the studio and they always making good music back there."

"I'm feeling like a star now," he added about living on the Maddens' street. "But it's cool 'cause I make the street a little bit more gangsta."

Other guests on The Dr.'s Advocate will be culled from the Game's label, Black Wall Street.

"I got an artist named Technice out of Long Beach, the home of Snoop Dogg," the Game said. "He's crazy, man, he got Snoop's blessing and he got the type of buzz that I had in California when I was first coming up, so look for Technice soon."

The Dr.'s Advocate is due in early April, according to the Game.

Source: MTV

I like the production credits on this album (minus timbaland). Could be a very interesting follow-up (if 50 and other g-unit punks, as well as eminem) are absent.

I'll still download it though, I'm not donating my money to Eminem; no thanks. The day Game starts his own non-Aftermath-affiliated record label I'll be sure to start buying his stuff, but until then forget it.

-Z-

I think he might be pushing sales a bit too much bringing the rock genre into it, then again i didnt mind the jay-z/linkin park dvd. Lookin forward to it.

Shot 21

I dont mind the Rap / Rock collabo, Im all for it. But with Good fucking Charlotte!! Fuck them faggots, he shoulda collabed with someone like Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit.

TCD

Don't go 2 sleep.... The Game doesn't make Eminem any money. He is signed to Interscopes Aftermath records, possibly Aftermath/BWS thus making Jimmy and Dre money. he isn't signed to Shady records so Eminem doesn't have a share of the profits.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.