The Game Denies Dissing Eminem and Proof

THEV1LL4N

Days after a leaked version of his song "My Life" surfaced on the Internet, The Game is setting the record straight over speculation on whether or not he dissed fellow rappers Eminem and Proof. "My Life" is one of the song’s featured on the Compton, California rapper’s forthcoming album L.A.X.

Since the song’s release, talk has centered on a portion of track, which features Lil Wayne, where The Game rhymes:

"You see them 24’s spinning, I earned ‘em/and all the pictures of me and Em/I burned them/ So there ain't no proof I walked through 8 Mile/ And so since it ain't no Proof, I'll never walk through 8 Mile.”

Although some believe, the rapper’s remarks were aimed at Eminem and possibly Proof, The Game is quick to say "My Life’s" real meaning has nothing to do with disrespecting anyone mentioned in the song.

"When I originally wrote the song ‘My Life,’ I was trying to think back on events that affected my life and how they changed me," The Game said in a statement, citing Dr. Dre, Eminem and Proof among those he met when he first got signed to Aftermath and G-Unit Records.

"But it was Proof whom the Game bonded with most. I always identified with Proof. We were always cool and he would reach out to me when ever I was going through something," The Game said of his relationship with the deceased Detroit rapper, who was shot and killed on April 11.

"I remember when Proof died vividly and now every time I think about going to Detroit I get depressed,” The Game said. “That is what I was trying to say in that verse and the more I looked at I realized that people would take it the wrong way…the way they are taking it now that it leaked."

Despite efforts to make changes to the song and take out the questionable verse "so that this bulls**t wouldn’t happen," The Game couldn’t escape the fallout over what he recorded.

Nevertheless, fans will get a different version of "My Life" when L.A.X. is released. The rapper and Lil Wayne recently finished shooting a video for the song.

"For the record, this is not the version on my album, this is not the version that radio will get and this is not the version that I just shot the video to," The Game said, acknowledging those who may have been negatively impacted by "My Life."

"Furthermore, I apologize to anyone who took this the wrong way as that was never my intention," The Game said.

The Game’s L.A.X. is slated to hit stores on Aug. 26.

R

RayRay34

new shit

check out my dogg suga free's new album "smell my finger" featuring the single "my dice" itz ol schoo westcoas underground hiphop

at itz finezt check his myspace too shit is off the heezy

M

-mc-

he clearly says "since there aint no proof, I'll never go through 8 mile". so if proof was alive he would go to 8 mile, definitely not a dis to proof, plus just listen to his "you know what it is" mixtape he has a song dedicated to proof on it, maybe a dis to eminem but he would never disrespect proof.

L

LastVoice.com

Game made a smart move by heading this off now. Eminem would murder Game in a battle.

I'll admit he wasn't dissin Proof cause 1- why diss a beloved dead rapper and 2- the lyrics make sense he wasn't dissin him but the first part bout burnin the pix with him an M, that sounds like he's severing something so maybe he was feelin the waters. I think he's whack if he thinks he can take M.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.