The Game comfirms Dre tracks, and squashes beef w/ Ja.

The album title: The Doctor's Advocate. You have said in the past that you and Dre had a father-son relationship, a teacher-pupil relationship. But it seems like that relationship has changed, at least as far as your working relationship. There's talk that Dre did not work on the new album and that you are no longer on Aftermath, that you've been shipped over to Geffen. What's the status right now?

The status is that me and 50 have chose to part ways. And along those lines, there's a lot of things shaking up. Honestly I'ma keep it 100 percent real, I don't know who I'm signed to... I just know that Interscope and Geffen are both fighting over what label imprint is gonna be on the back of the album. You might see the Aftermath logo on the back; you might see an Interscope logo on the back, you might not. You definitely gonna see the Black Wall Street on the back though... And on this album, I already been in the studio with Dre on this album. I got beats from Dre early, early. I worked with Dre early on this album.

So there are new Dre beats on there?

Yeah. Stuff that Dre did, that I had in the beginning of working on this album. Can't nobody take that away from me, man.

And what's up with you and Ja Rule? People are going to be shocked to hear that you two are cool. You used to yell that Ja and the whole Murder Inc. label could suck your dick during your shows. Rumor even has it that you two did a joint together?

I wouldn't mind doing a join with Ja. It ain't like I gotta be scared to say, Oh, I'm doin' a joint with Ja. But I done hollered at Ja on the phone, and he done gave me love and respect for what I did as far as holdin' myself down against the Unit. I done hollered at Irv. Murder Inc. and Black Wall Street done squashed their beef that they had back in the day. Me and Ja, we might get in and do 10 records, if that's what he feel like and that's what I feel like I want to do, you know what I'm sayin'? It's all love, man. I don't give a fuck what people think about Ja. If I fuck with him, I fuck with him. And when I fuck with him, everybody else is gonna fuck with him.

How did the conversation come about, when you deaded the beef?

At the Grammys, Irv came up to me. I was kind of shocked. I be on my guard, man. Irv came up to me. He came to me with his hand out. A black man come at me with his hand out, what I'ma do, turn away? I shook his hand, man. He told me thanks for what I did. "Me and Ja just wanna thank you for what you did." And, "Let's get money." So I already knew what that meant. It's another beef that I can diminish. Ain't gotta worry about lookin' over my shoulder this way or that way. That's all it is when you beefin'. Nigga can't even sleep safe at night 'less you holdin' a gun, 'less you holdin' your finger on the trigger when you go to sleep. And then don't do that too many nights. You have a bad dream, you blow your brains out. If you think about it, we all business men. Ain't nobody too muthafuckin' gangsta, 'cause ain't nobody John Gotti, and ain't nobody Tookie Williams. Ain't none of these niggas, ain't nobody in hip-hop, myself included, 'bout to go knock on the penitentiary door and say, give me that lethal injection. I'm 26 years old, man, and I'm the most potent voice in hip-hop right now. The most powerful voice. It's due to all my struggles, my hard times, my admiration for the game and my ambition. It ain't about no beef. It's about me and my fans and making good music.
Source: XXL Magazine: November 2006

Tekneek said:
Source: XXL Magazine: November 2006
This dude is so far on his own dick it's amazing he can get any pussy.

BTW... I guess this squashes those rumors of people saying Dre dropped Game "cuz 50 said so"... I was hoping that Dre was to mature to keep out of high school bullshit.

Bam_Margera said:
BTW... I guess this squashes those rumors of people saying Dre dropped Game "cuz 50 said so"... I was hoping that Dre was to mature to keep out of high school bullshit.
nah, not really IMO. notice Game said he got the Dre beats early. sounds to me like they are beats he got before he was dropped from Aftermath ("noone can take them away from me").

anyway, its good news that there are going to be some on there - means the title make some sense. i reckon its going to be a solid album (cool and dre, storch, nas) but no Documentary because i don’t think Dre will have the same degree of involvement/overseeing and obviously there will be no help from 50.

as far as the beef with Ja being squashed - it just illustrates how stupid it was go begin with because Game and Ja had no problem, it was just Game jumping on the bandwagon because of affiliation. Beef in hip hop is pathetic and like the majority of mainstream hip hop I am tired of it.

nah, not really IMO. notice Game said he got the Dre beats early. sounds to me like they are beats he got before he was dropped from Aftermath ("noone can take them away from me").
Well, yeah.. they're obviously beats he got before he was dropped... duh. But, what I'm saying is that 50/Game been beefing for a long fuckin' time. I'm sure Game was given these beats DURING the beef.

anyway, its good news that there are going to be some on there - means the title make some sense. i reckon its going to be a solid album (cool and dre, storch, nas) but no Documentary because i don’t think Dre will have the same degree of involvement/overseeing and obviously there will be no help from 50.
The name has been changed to Devils Advocate... so... Dre or not.. doesn't matter. That said... Documentary was utter trash. I want my fuckin' $15 back. Only tracks on that album worth anything were "Hate It or Love It", "We Aint" and "How We Do"... that was it. Dreams was ok... but only cuz of the beat and Kanye did that, so...

as far as the beef with Ja being squashed - it just illustrates how stupid it was go begin with because Game and Ja had no problem, it was just Game jumping on the bandwagon because of affiliation. Beef in hip hop is pathetic and like the majority of mainstream hip hop I am tired of it.
I feel that. Ever since people saw how much money was made of the Big/Pac beef, people have created beef because they know it sells records. 90% of beef in the past 10 years, I believe has been "corporate beef". Not real beef. Only real beef I can think of off the top is Jay/Nas, 50/Ja, Ja/Em, D12/Royce.

But... at the same time... sometimes shit just goes down like that. I was watching Beef 2 last night, and it's like Mack 10 said, "whether I think my dude is wrong or not... if that's your homie... you scrap for him... if you think your homies wrong... that's fine... but you fight with him anyway cuz that's your dude. Then... when you get behind closed doors, if you think he was wrong... then you take it up with your man". True word on that.

jeremy said:

:thumb:

After all the mess we'll see what will come out. Will that equal 'The Documentary'? (Great album IMO) I doubt.

good news

Bam margera why u hate game so much you never have anything positive to say about the dude why dont you just not post or read any game related threads

ganderson said:
good news

Bam margera why u hate game so much you never have anything positive to say about the dude why dont you just not post or read any game related threads
Because I don't like the guy. He hasn't proven a fucking thing... never has, and people have been riding his shit since BEFORE Documentary came out ONLY BECAUSE "he's from the West". If dude were from Houston, ATL, NY... you think he'd be this big? Not a fucking chance. He only got big because he had Dre and 50 behind him. That's it. I know someone is a terrible rapper when they make me prefer 50 Cent.

As for your other question... because this is a DISCUSSION FORUM... so... just like I have to deal with the morons in here who call me an Em dickryder because they have a voice... you have to deal with mine.

The point here is to come and share opinions and sometimes, JUST SOMETIMES actually have an intelligent debate. Not everyone is going to agree, so, before you post here, you should know there are A LOT of very vocal cats on this board (including me) and if you're willing to spill your own opinion, you should be willing to listen to those of people who disagree with you.

Bam_Margera said:
Because I don't like the guy. He hasn't proven a fucking thing... never has, and people have been riding his shit since BEFORE Documentary came out ONLY BECAUSE "he's from the West". If dude were from Houston, ATL, NY... you think he'd be this big? Not a fucking chance. He only got big because he had Dre and 50 behind him. That's it. I know someone is a terrible rapper when they make me prefer 50 Cent.

As for your other question... because this is a DISCUSSION FORUM... so... just like I have to deal with the morons in here who call me an Em dickryder because they have a voice... you have to deal with mine.

The point here is to come and share opinions and sometimes, JUST SOMETIMES actually have an intelligent debate. Not everyone is going to agree, so, before you post here, you should know there are A LOT of very vocal cats on this board (including me) and if you're willing to spill your own opinion, you should be willing to listen to those of people who disagree with you.
to answer your rant

Ihave heard your opinion now ... In like three different threds this week you type endless essays and quotes from peeps to prove your point and prove other people wrong ok I konw why you dislike game but most people only dislike rappers not passionately hate on them.

Bam_Margera said:

I'm fan of The Game since his early days. Back in the days when he was rolling with JT The Bigga Figga and Sean T. He matured from then but he also lost couple of good things (which becames more visible every new day). I liked his mixtapes and half-successful release before 'The Documentary' so his fame has nothing with my choice.
Personaly, I think that on the West there are more than dozen MCs who are nicer on the mic than The Game (Crooked I, Ras Kass, Sly Boogy, Planet Asia, MC Eiht, Spice 1...) but he is the one who went nationwide and I give him credit for that. A lot of cats talking about 'bringing the West back'. The Game is just one in the line. Maybe, he's the closest to this but it's irrelevant to my acceptance of his music.
I think that in recent years you had more rappers coming from other parts of the States (which you mention) who get more attention (and sales) then those from the West. So, that argument won't work.
I think that The Game will became big even without fidddy and Dre but not that big like he is nowdays. It's not his fault because he was 'discovered'...

troublesome2004 said:
I'm fan of The Game since his early days. Back in the days when he was rolling with JT The Bigga Figga and Sean T. He matured from then but he also lost couple of good things (which becames more visible every new day). I liked his mixtapes and half-successful release before 'The Documentary' so his fame has nothing with my choice.
Personaly, I think that on the West there are more than dozen MCs who are nicer on the mic than The Game (Crooked I, Ras Kass, Sly Boogy, Planet Asia, MC Eiht, Spice 1...) but he is the one who went nationwide and I give him credit for that. A lot of cats talking about 'bringing the West back'. The Game is just one in the line. Maybe, he's the closest to this but it's irrelevant to my acceptance of his music.
I think that in recent years you had more rappers coming from other parts of the States (which you mention) who get more attention (and sales) then those from the West. So, that argument won't work.
I think that The Game will became big even without fidddy and Dre but not that big like he is nowdays. It's not his fault because he was 'discovered'...
My comment on Houstin and ATL, etc, wasn't a comparison... it was a statement. I'm saying that Game is only as big as he is cuz he's from the West... had he come from any other area, he wouldn't be much of shit. But... he was from West... lucky enough to be from the CPT... so he was able to ride the NWA nostalgia to the top.

I mean... seriously, look at the Doc... he proves all he had to do was throw in the names "Dre", "Eazy", "NWA" and "Snoop" every 2 bars and boom... he's double platinum.

Well, in another 5 years... Since I'm from Detroit (Motown), I'll just spit "Smokey Robinson", "Eminem", "Kid Rock", "Michael Jackson" and "D12" every other line and maybe I can go double platinum too.

I mean... don't get me wrong, dogg.. you're one of the few people on here I actually have some respect for... so, I respect your opinion... not trying to demean it or anything... I acknowledge what you said, I just happen to disagree, so I guess I'll leave it at that.

And... to Ganderson.. it's not a "rant"... it's called intelligent text. An explanation. See, I've had a history of having people greatly misunderstand damn near everything I say. So.. NOW.. I will type 4 pages if I have to to make sure that my statements and the meaning behind them are very clear.

And I don't "passionately hate" on anyone... really, to "passionately hate" someone they must take up a great deal of your memory thinking about them... that isn't the case with any of these guys. It just makes me sick to see them. I'm just very unhappy with the state the game is in today and IMO, my point is proven when acts like Young Joc, The Game, 50 Cent and a slew of others are the most popular guys around. Moreover, it shows how bad the game has degraded when rap USED to be about talent and respect... now the first thing out of everyone's mouths is "sales". Fuck sales. What about respect? What about talent?

Half the acts out today would NEVER have made it in mainstream 10-15 years ago... NEVER.

Bam_Margera said:
And... to Ganderson.. it's not a "rant"... it's called intelligent text. An explanation. See, I've had a history of having people greatly misunderstand damn near everything I say. So.. NOW.. I will type 4 pages if I have to to make sure that my statements and the meaning behind them are very clear.

And I don't "passionately hate" on anyone... really, to "passionately hate" someone they must take up a great deal of your memory thinking about them... that isn't the case with any of these guys. It just makes me sick to see them. I'm just very unhappy with the state the game is in today and IMO, my point is proven when acts like Young Joc, The Game, 50 Cent and a slew of others are the most popular guys around. Moreover, it shows how bad the game has degraded when rap USED to be about talent and respect... now the first thing out of everyone's mouths is "sales". Fuck sales. What about respect? What about talent?

Half the acts out today would NEVER have made it in mainstream 10-15 years ago... NEVER.
I actually agree with your view on rap today and your right mabey some of these cats would not of made it 10 or 15 years ago but thats not a valid point cos this is 2006 and as far as I can see the game is one of a few bright spots in the rap game today

" it is what it is, it's the game!":thumb:

I mean... seriously, look at the Doc... he proves all he had to do was throw in the names "Dre", "Eazy", "NWA" and "Snoop" every 2 bars and boom... he's double platinum.
Sometimes, he went to far with this. I admit that. Well, on the new album that won't be the case. :)

Well, in another 5 years... Since I'm from Detroit (Motown), I'll just spit "Smokey Robinson", "Eminem", "Kid Rock", "Michael Jackson" and "D12" every other line and maybe I can go double platinum too.
There are plenty more to mention. :)

:thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.