The Game Breaks Down In Interview, Reveals Suicidal Thoughts

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Rapper The Game contemplated suicide in the days leading up to his March jail term, because he couldn’t handle the pressures of fame.

The "Dreams" hitmaker, real name Jayceon Taylor, was sentenced to 60 days behind bars in February, after pleading guilty to felony gun charges relating to an incident at a 2007 basketball game.

He eventually served just eight days of the sentence and was released on March 10th.

But his legal woes weren’t the only thing bothering the MC - in the upcoming June issue of XXL magazine, he reveals he was in such a dark place emotionally and physically, he almost chose to end his life.

He tells the American publication, "My life is f**ked up right now. I’m in a f**ked up place. My fans love me, and I know what they want but in a minute, I’m not gonna be physically capable of pleasing the world with music. Because my mind isn’t right. People are driving me under God’s good earth."

Later on, he adds, "Sometimes I wanna be at peace so bad that I wish myself off of the earth." And according to AOL’s The Boombox, the interview - which took place just a few days before he checked into California’s Twin Towers Correctional Facility - ends with The Game breaking down, but the tears were for both the turmoil in his personal life and the apparent demise of the rap industry.

He explains, "The tears coming from my left eye are from my s**t that I’m dealing with in my life, and the tears down my right cheek are tears for hip-hop."

Source: World Entertainment News Network

Kadafi Son

Even though Game is an asshole in some ways, I sympathize with his situation. Fame isn't always a good thing, even though money helps solve some problems. Still, life is life and it can come at you any way it can. I don't wish suicide on even my worst enemy. Its a serious thing to feel that way, trust me

I wonder if you could liken this to that moment in Scarface where Tony's asking "Is dis it?" referring to what the purpose is to all the money, drugs, and high life. Maybe Game wants to start a family and pass the torch to the only real future a man can have.

Snowman

i would like to see Game get his life together. he needs to be there for his kids. they need a father figure in these evil times we live in right now.

he's mentally unhappy he needs to stop and change himself to be a better person

THEV1LL4N

i would like to see Game get his life together. he needs to be there for his kids. they need a father figure in these evil times we live in right now.

he's mentally unhappy he needs to stop and change himself to be a better person
yes. thats right

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.