The Game Begins Jail Sentence

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
The Game arrived at the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles Sunday night to begin serving his 60-day jail sentence for possession of a firearm in a school zone.

He showed up to the complex just moments before midnight on the March 3 deadline accompanied by his attorney Shawn Chapman Holley and flanked by dozens of friends and supporters wearing "Free The Game" t-shirts, TMZ.com reported.

The rapper, born Jayceon Taylor, pleaded no contest to the charges last month. The sentence stems from an incident last February during a pick-up basketball game at the Rita Walters Educational Learning Complex in South L.A. Prosecutors allege that Taylor punched an opponent and then pulled a gun from his vehicle and threatened to shoot him.

He was arrested in May of 2007 and, following the plea deal arranged last month, was sentenced to 60 days in jail, 150 hours of community service and three years' probation. He had faced three counts of making criminal threats and possessing a firearm in a school zone, but two of the charges were dropped in the plea deal.

Source: EURweb.com

Well, at least he's taking it like a man and not whining.

Still, these rappers today need to stop being fucking idiots. Granted there will always be haters out there trying to test you, but there are other ways to get around it.

It's about "these rappers" because they clearly don't need to be putting themselves in certain situations, because now they have a comfortable bank account, a fan base that looks up to them, and a career.

I understand your average street dude getting into a squabble here and there, but a rapper with successful albums getting into all these little incidents is a little ridiculous at this point in their careers. I'm not saying rappers who do well have to sell out and go to wine tastings and shit, but come on.

i read a interview with him about this, and he really was trying to stress that he was innocent. he said that shit like that has happened with him involved before, but this time, he truly was innocent. he also said the only reason he took the plea was because the lawyer/court fees was costing him something like $1 million plus, it would be just cheaper to go to jail. truth be told, i don't blame him

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.