The G-Funk Thread

THEV1LL4N

So i'm listening to doggystyle - which most consider snoop's best, and i think maybe the best g-funk album of all time...

just wondering what everyone else's favourites are.

my top 3 are perhaps (and in no particular order):

regulate... the g-funk era
the chronic (although i dont really like to class this as g-funk)
g-funk classics 1 & 2

i dont really consider 2pac, or ice cube as related to g-funk - so ive ruled out albums like MATW, death certificate, lethal injection and the predator.

post some links, mp3s and videos up if you wish...

FroDawgg

i agree about regulate...g funk era. it's actually the album that got me into hip hop, and i think it's better than doggystyle. obviously, snoop is a better lyricist (well, he was then) and his album has CLASSIC cuts, but warren's is more complete, i think.

THEV1LL4N

snoop had the memorable skits too. i prefer the sound of the regulate album. some real laid back stuff on there, not really gangster or anything - which is more authentic to me.

i love the diversity of nate's music on his g-funk classics albums. there's some hard-going rap songs on there, some laid back ones (as i love his songs to be), and some more up tempo songs. i like to see DPGC together, there's nothing quite like it in terms of west coast music. the west has always lacked unity, and that's what DPGC had. Soopafly, Kurupt, Daz, Snoop, Nate, Kokane, Bad Azz, Goldie Loc, Warren G, Lil ¼ Dead, Lil C Style etc etc...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.