The Elementss

I was just wondering how come nearly hip hop board/site basically only covers 2 of the 4 elements of hip hop? ... Everywhere I go, I only find ppl speaking on emceeing and deejaying.. (actually basically just emceeing).. But Breaking and Graff have basically been forgotten. I mean ofcourse theres places that talk about graff and shit, but they'll be sites dedicated to graff.

Just wondering why we all seem to forget the other elements, or tend to ignore them to an extent. Are they not as interesting to most of u or whats the deal?

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
I was just wondering how come nearly hip hop board/site basically only covers 2 of the 4 elements of hip hop? ... Everywhere I go, I only find ppl speaking on emceeing and deejaying.. (actually basically just emceeing).. But Breaking and Graff have basically been forgotten. I mean ofcourse theres places that talk about graff and shit, but they'll be sites dedicated to graff.

Just wondering why we all seem to forget the other elements, or tend to ignore them to an extent. Are they not as interesting to most of u or whats the deal?
basically

ArtsyGirl

There is.. (sort of) an art forum here which can obviously speak about graff, but I guess there isnt that many members who do it or talk about it. There is always room for people to post about whatever they do but I guess the most popular are the most obvious.

basically
fair enough

I can't listen to break-dancing or graffiti.
ok, but most of the times u talk about things, its not something that u listened to, it can just be simply other things that u saw and appreciated (girls, cars, movies, etc.)

There is.. (sort of) an art forum here which can obviously speak about graff, but I guess there isnt that many members who do it or talk about it. There is always room for people to post about whatever they do but I guess the most popular are the most obvious.
.. yea art sections cool n all, but i just wonder why nowadays, things like breaking and tagging have basically been isolated from the rest of hip hop

.. personally i just figured its cuz corporations cant exactly make much money off breaking or graff, so its basically been pushed aside. Those are definitely the 2 less profitable elements. As hip hop became more and more commercialized we lost touch with the other elements cuz they werent promoted as much

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.