The Documentary & The Massacre, re-visited.

7 Syns

One year has passed since they dropped, one year has passed since 50 Cent & The Game started beefing.

In your opinions which album to this day still gets played more? C'mon I know you bought them both, personally both albums have weak and strong songs. Now the funny thing is that, when The Documentary & The Massarce first dropped I thought instantly "geez, this Documentary is better than The Massacre". It just sounded sonically amazing, Im sure alot of people here will agree, yes/no?.

But as time passed, I started to realize that 50's The Massacre actually had more replay value then The Documentary. Now that is just opinion and without disregarding The Doc. altogether, it does have some replayable bangers. I just feel that The Game as a rapper, after awhile gets boring on The Doc. 50 isn't much better but I guess his smooth flow and melodies make The Mass. abit more replayable.

All in all, they both contain bangers such as for example

The Documentary; Runnin, Westside Story, Higher, Hate It Or Love It, Dreams, The Documentary, Don't Worry & How We Do.

The Massacre; Ryder Music, I'm Suppose To Die Tonite, Outta Control, Piggy Bank, Position Of Power, God Gave Me Style & A Baltimore Love Thing.

and weak songs

The Documentary; Special & Don't Need Your Love.

The Massacre; Candy Shop, So Amazing, & My Toy Soldier.

peace.

I am starting to listen to massacre a lot more than when it first dropped, and I have listened to the game less and less in the last few months, but I still like "put you on the game" over any massacre track and overall I think Documentary is better. I think radio wise, 50 has gotten more play. Add in the fact that 66.6 % of the Documentary songs they played on the radio had 50 in them = 50 cent ftw.

I played the Massacre more.. I like Game, but I only liked maybe 4-5 songs off the Doc.. I honestly think his mixtape cuts are better...

edit : I played his devil's advocate and stop snitchin/lyin mixtapes more then his lp

i think comparing the two is like comparing day and night. The Massacre marks another milestone for 50 to waste his talent that was so obvious back in the Power Of A Dollar Days.The album is filled with bullshit attemps to make a radio hit, while The Documentary is actually produced really well, and there was a theme to the album, bringing Compton back to map.

Both albums has radio hits, but while 50's hits got boring after 2 listens, Game is still in my rotation. Plus, 50's album is 90% fillers, while Game's album i can listen through without skipping a track anyday. I don't think 50's album created a single song that'll last through the years, but Game's album did. 'Hate It Or Love It', 'Dreams', 'Start From Scratch', 'Put You On The Game'...

Plus, I love 'Like Father, Like Son'. That Song really had an effect on me, as me n my girl are talking about having children one day.

The Game, hands down.

TCD

i have to say I didn't download the whole of The Massacre 'cos i'm on dial-up so I didn'y download the songs that where perceived as the weakest from several reviews.

I bought the Documentary on a whim and I still like it alot. The production is top notch and several songs are sick whereas I thought alot of The Massacre was corny and I didn't even like the production. Timbo, Kanye and Just Blaze are currently some of my favourite producers so having them produce 4 songs instantly made me want to listen to the Doc.

Dr. Dre and Scott Storch sum up my feelings about both albums. For The Massacre the concoct the tragedy of "The Candy Shop" and for The Documentary the produce hypnotizing "Start From Scratch".

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.