The Charts: Lil Wayne Back On Top, G-Unit Flops & Tech N9ne Lands Highest Debut

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Lil Wayne regained the top spot on the Billboard 200 this week, after being thrust to no. 2 last week because of a new release by Coldplay.

Tha Carter III comes in at no. 1 after four weeks, selling 156,000 copies, bringing Weezy's total sales to 1.68 million.

The sophomore set from G-Unit, T.O.S. (Terminate On Sight), debuted at no. 4 on this week's charts with 102,000 copies sold. Despite all the publicity, 50 wasn't able to put up big numbers. However, rumors in the cyber world have indicated that their label, Interscope, had seriously messed up in shipping the album to retail, and actually undershipped. No official statement was given about this rumor though. The Unit's 2003 debut, Beg For Mercy, started at no. 1 with 377,000.

Usher's Here I Stand fell one spot to no. 8, selling 41,000 copies this week. The album is nearing platinum with just under 850,000 units sold.

At no. 9 is Rihanna's re-release of Good Girl Gone Bad, which sold 40,000 copies.

New releases this week included Kansas City indie powerhouse, Tech N9ne, who's new album Killer landed the rapper his highest charting album to date. The new release debuts at no. 12, selling 36,000 copies. The 32-track set is the rapper's first double disc release, and the cover pays homage to Michael Jackson's iconic album Thriller. It features appearances from Paul Wall, Scarface, Shawnna, Ice Cube and Mistah FAB among others.

At no. 20 was Jim Jones and the Byrd Gang's M.O.B., entering at no. 20 with 17,200 units scanned, and even later down the line, at no. 130, is C-Murder's latest album Screamin' 4 Vengeance, selling 5,300 copies.

According to Billboard, sales this week are down 1.4% from last week's sum and off 13.4% from the same week last year, recording just 7.56 million units.

Source: BallerStatus.com

Fuck Ya 50!

Now he's gonna create his own rumors, under shipping, over shipping, they didn't put that much effort into the album, or start a beef with Lil Wayne, who knows he may start a beef with 2Pac as well lol.

stefanwzyga

To be honest when the 1st g unit lloyd banks or bucks albums dropped they were all in tesco's or woolworths where im from, this album aint in either this time round! Dunno if thats cuz its been undershipped or just not promoted correctly. Infact i dont think ive herd any song off the album being played on radio 1 either.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
it had no buzz, and i downloaded it and i gota say its been the WORST G-Unit release so far...the hooks were corny and sounded rushed...beats sounded like cheap dr dre knock offs, they had no features....they kicked out the best member in Buck and yayo really ruined every song even more

This is why they flopped

W

westcoasta

their shit is out dated.. i thot 50 waz startin to change up hiz style wen justin timberlake jump on his tracc but this nigga shit iz wacc 4 real..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.