The board is slow....!

The reason it is slow, well in my part because it is trying to connect to 3.adbrite.com. It take a while to connect to their server. It is the ads that are connecting slowly on my part. Also google syndication is a bit slow.

It's slower for me too, but I haven't found it a matter of life or death (that's not implying others have).

Like some one else I'm also having to click two or three times to go back a page, I think it's something to do with the google adds - they come up as 403 Forbidden.

Ho hum.

winxp users go to this folder c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

open with wordpad the file called hosts

you will see something like

127.0.0.1 localhost

right under it,add these values so it looks like this

127.0.0.1 localhost
0.0.0.0 pagead.googlesyndication.com
0.0.0.0 pagead2.googlesyndication.com
0.0.0.0 adservices.google.com
0.0.0.0 3.adbrite.com

go to file>save,clear your browsers cache,then reboot the computer,problem solved

Snowman

It ran slow for me last night, i tried to log in Sunday night an early this afternoon, i couldnt get in.

Now i just logged in an everything's fine.

_carmi

me, myself & us
yesterday i couldnt access some threads the server wouldnt load them fully for me cause it was too slow. dont know whats happening. today its better tho than yesterday.

_carmi

me, myself & us
prince mack said:
winxp users go to this folder c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

open with wordpad the file called hosts

you will see something like

127.0.0.1 localhost

right under it,add these values so it looks like this

127.0.0.1 localhost
0.0.0.0 pagead.googlesyndication.com
0.0.0.0 pagead2.googlesyndication.com
0.0.0.0 adservices.google.com
0.0.0.0 3.adbrite.com

go to file>save,clear your browsers cache,then reboot the computer,problem solved
what does this do?

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
when im on my laptop i don't have access to the Letter to the president forum (it doesn't show up)

but when im on my old computer i do?

odd.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.