The Blueprint 2

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I've slept on this for a long time. I hadn't bumped it since it came out, really. But damn, it's fucking good. I'm not going do a roaches appreciation post, just wondering if anybody feels me?

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
I always like the 2nd disc alot more, I think thats the curse..anyway, I think its a very good album, much better than most people think.

roaches

some gems on there but also some terrible songs. it really shows that he did it all in one session. every just blaze beat on there is fire. "all around the world" and "poppin' tags" on the first disc don't get the props they desserve, and i can listen to the first eight songs on the second disc straight through (remember when young chris was the future?).

FroDawgg

some gems on there but also some terrible songs. it really shows that he did it all in one session. every just blaze beat on there is fire. "all around the world" and "poppin' tags" on the first disc don't get the props they desserve, and i can listen to the first eight songs on the second disc straight through (remember when young chris was the future?).
agreed. not a classic (might've been if it was one disc), but definitely a solid album. it actually took me a few years to get into it and appreciate it.

The first disc was weaker than the second, but it had some great tracks.

Here's my rundown of the album:
GREAT: A Dream, The Watcher 2, All Around the World, Diamond is Forever, U Don't Know (RMX), Meet the Parents, Blueprint2, As One, Bitches and Sisters

GOOD: Hovi Baby, '03 Bonnie & Clyde (hate all you want but it's a good track), Poppin' Tags, I Did it My Way, Guns & Roses, Some How Some Way, Some People Hate, A Ballad for the Fallen Soldier

BAD: Excuse Me Miss (probably one of Jay's worst songs ever), What They Gonna Do (Pts 1 & 2), Fuck All Night, The Bounce, N---a Please, 2 Many Hoes, Show You How

Notice how the Great/Good outweigh the bad. Shows how much undeserved hate the album gets.

Oh, and can't forget "La La La (Excuse Me Again)", which is one 2.1 and the Bad Boys 2 sdtk. That track is definitely one of Jay's top tracks, in my opinion, the exact opposite of the first one.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.