The Better Mixtape? Juelz "Cook-Coke Crack, Pt .2" or Lil' Wayne's "The Dedication"?

Personally, I think these are the 2 best mixtapes of the year, so far. Jeezy's "Trap or Die" was nice, too, but not better than either of the ones mentioned in the thread title.

Juelz Santana really surprised me with "Back Like Cooked Coke Crack, Pt. 2". I really wasn't expecting much. Truthfully, I didn't know what to expect. But when I first heard it, my opinion of him definately changed. On the opening track, which he raps over Ludacris's "Intro" of Red Light District, he borrows Luda's beat and does a better job at it than Luda did. He raps over classics such as "Str8 Up Menace", "Damn It Feels Good (To Be A Gangsta) and kills them all. I liked him before, but not on the level of wanting to get his album. Now, I'm actually waiting for What The Game's Been Missing

I'd give Wayne's The Dedication the edge because dude was on point every track. Once again, he stepped up his game like never before. It was lyrically (IMO) the best thing he has dropped, and rode every beat as if they were his own. When he raps over 2pac and Outlawz "Made Niggaz", you'd think that Mannie produced it for Wayne the way he owns the beat. The same with Nas's "U Know My Style".

But in the end, I most definately recommend both of them :thumb:

Damn, i need them both...

Is that Wayne one new? Do you mean that Young Money mixtape? I seem to remember him rhyming over both those beats earlier in the year on that tape...

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't bump the Wayne one, but The Juelz one is the truth. However, judging from a couple of tracks I've heard from the album, I don't think it's gonna be that.

roaches

Is that Wayne one new? Do you mean that Young Money mixtape? I seem to remember him rhyming over both those beats earlier in the year on that tape...
The Young Money mixtape was scrapped. Drama took the crew off, changed up some of the beats (e.g., the "Drop it Like it's Hot" remix instead of the OG beat) and made some other changes, and put it out as the Dedication mixtape. The Young Money one is much better.

I liked J.R. Writer's mixtape better than Juelz's, and upon initial listening, I like the new Hell Rell better as well.

I also like John Robinson's mixtape a lot, but that's probably me being sentimental - Lil Sci is sick, though.

aloivas said:
Damn, i need them both...

gangsta grillz.

personally i like waynes more, but if u had said santanas album bootleg with joints like red bandanna and kill yourself, real talk with sky balla then i wouldve gone for santanas. :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.