The Art of Freestyling

Fresstyling seems to be slipping away from the essnce of hiphop. These days its all about the beat weather u can bounce to it or not or how catchy the hooks are.... So I decided to make a thread about freestyles where ppl can post audio/video links of great freestyles... This is just to remind ppl how much talent goes into freestyling, and how different song writing and freestyling is.

Please post one link per post so we dont get over flooded with links and ppl justdont end up disussing... I'll be the firs to contribute with the following link...

This is freestyle on the wake up show by 2 underground artists of Rhymesayers Entertainment; Eyedea, And Slug

intersting idea. i agree, the music is becoming more important then the lyrics for many listeners. i dont have speakers here at university but will check out that video later.

i felt the same way recently and been listenin to a lot of Jurassic 5.

they keep the old school technique preserved. 8 bars, 16 then another 16, not like all this other chorus singing bullshit lately. id recommend checkin out more of their shit man

pz

Juice is the best freestyle MC bar none. He comes "off the dome like loose extensions" also it is my opinion that he's probably the best song writer alive. Since I want my boy Juices demographic to widen I've uploaded this song that I feel backs that statement. Its not a freestyle but I hope you all check it out its called "Feel my City"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YPDHX6JS

most freestyles today are prewritten. Like when BET asks u to come to their show to freestyle, they tell u like a week in advance. So gay. I agree how freestylin' slippin' away.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.