The "1987/88/89" Appreciation Thread.

7 Syns

This is an appreciation thread for the golden age, the classical era. It's like they say, if hip-hop was ancient Greece without a doubt this would be the classical age. Im not trying to give props to the pavements placed by the leaders in which the movement followed that is hip-hop, rather trying along with other posters on this board teach and spread the word about hip-hop's purity back then. When it was all about the rhymes, the flow, the beats, the breaks. So let me start off

Paid In Full, Eric B & Rakim. Fans might hear this and think, whats all the hype about? Well the hype is still there to an extent but seeing it's been almost 20years you might be excused for thinking it ain't that great. However, the impact and the flawlessness of this record is there and to all those how know the story behind Rakim coming up and re-moulding the game with 'that flow'. Will forever appreciate it. Cut's like "I Ain't No Joke", "My Melody", "Move The Crowd", "Paid In Full" & "As The Rhyme Goes On" showcase something hip-hop didn't have back then in my eyes. It's the footstone for so much that has happened in hip-hop since it came.

someone drop knowledge on Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Slick Rick, KRS-One & Boogie Down Production, Biz Markie, MC Shan, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, N.W.A., Geto Boys, Black Sheep, Kool Moe Dee etc..

peace.

NWA
"Straight Outta Compton"

The album is the shit, it brought MC Ren, Eazy E, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, DJ Yella and in the backlight DOC out to the world. They started off fast from the start, with fuck the police, and straight outta compton, the kind of music that seems like something that should be quieted by the MTV and Radio Station. But the truth of their lives was just spoken by the group! Unforunatily after their 1st album, Ice Cube left, and slowly the group feel apart with the future disapoiting group releases. Next to leave being Dr.Dre, finally the group feel apart, and the artists all parted ways, but dre and cube left with beef on their shoulders with Eazy E, only dre ending it at eazy's death bed.

Spawing from the group was many of people's favorite artists of 2day.

"Dr.Dre"
Snoop Dogg - Tha Dogg Pound, Tha Eastsidaz, Bad Azz
Eminem - D12, Obie Trice, Royce 5'9
50 Cent - G-Unit (LLoyd Banks, Young Buck, Tony Yayo) ,Olivia
The Game
Xzibit
Knoc Turn' Al

"Eazy-E"
Bone Thugs N Harmony - Mo Thugs
Dresta and BG Knoccout
Kokane

"Ice Cube"
Da Lench Mobb
Westside Connection (WC, Mack 10)

etc.......

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.