that o.c. is actually pretty good

"Starchild". I'm just listening to it for the first time this morning, and i'm enjoying it quite a bit. I can't remember there being a better "vintage" east coast album released for quite a while.

I would like to hear O.C. over Just Blaze or 9th Wonder.

7 Syns

^^
Why? What didn't you find great or atleast solid about the record? I thought it was OC's best release since Word.. Life. Production was nice, he actually recorded alot of it in Wu-Tang's studio (irrelevent fact). Rhymes were on point aswell. One of the best this year or last year depending where you live seeing it's been released on different dates. The US version was stalled due to sampling problems, I heard though it's suppose to be alot better then the released (japanese) version which we have heard.

Anyways..
peace.

roaches

There wasn't anything outright BAD about the album, it just didn't hold my interest. The production didn't really stand out, and I've never conisdered O.C. a great emcee. I'm happy he's found success in Japan, DITC cats deserve to eat well and get groupies of some sort for all of the classic singles they've put out.

Anyone got production credits for it?

Also, the version i've got isn't labelled as the Japanese version... it's got 11 tracks plus an intro and outro. Is this the Jap. version?

"Story to Tell" uses the same sample as Pete Rock & CL Smooth's "It's a Love Thing", but flips it better than PR did, in my opinion...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.