..That feeling you get when you listen to a great album..

linx

Staff member
Who honestly knows what that feeling is like? I don't think you can really truely appreciate an album after only one listen, but after a few listens of a good album, do you get this feeling? The feeling where you feel like you have just been rewarded. Where you feel like nothing else matters and you just say "damn, this was a great album". When was the last time this happened to you? Which album(s) did you listen to?

For me it has happened a few times recently. I still bump the Foreign Exchange "Connected" album alot. Usually it's just songs here and there but I decided to listen to the entire album a few times recently and I still get that feeling when I listen to it. Also, I decided to listen to "Low End Theory" by A Tribe Called Quest again and I got that feeling once again. I've also felt real good after listening to Little Brother's "The Listening" again. These albums aren't new, but it doesn't matter whether the album is new or not. It's great when you can get this feeling from a new album, but I wouldn't say i've got the feeling from anything new. Then again, I haven't listened to many new albums (actually listened to the entire album all the way through) recently. Although I must say, Common's "Be" is very dope. :thumb:

I wouldn't say that you can only get this feeling from laid back albums like i've mentioned, but I get that feeling more when the album is like that. Cause I have got the feeling after listening to Raekwon's "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" and Snoop's "Doggystyle" as well. Those are just a few random examples though. Do I get this feeling just because I love hiphop a real lot and I get real excited when I hear a great album or does this happen to other people as well? Anyway, who feels me on this one?

the one that hit me the hardest was the original chronic and chronic 2001. i smoked and listened to both like 5 times in a row. best time with an album ever.

Yea, I feel you. Happened with BE after being a bit dissapointed with leak of Late Registration and Kwelis album I wasnt expecting much, but as soon as the intro was done, man i got that feeling dat something good was coming and when the whole CD was done, I was proud that I took that time to download it, so yea, I feel u

xxx

Hellrazor1978 said:
This album right here:

been listening to it for almost 9 years now, still mind shattering with every listen. Greatest album of all time IMO, nuff said.
absolutely agree!

Duke

Staff member
I know exactly what feeling you talk about, LinX. I get it every time i listen to a classic.

Chronic
Only Built 4...
Lifestylez ov...

and EVERYTIME i hear an Illmatic track, i'm like "yeeeeah". That album never tires me. Hell, even the intro beats 90% of what's out there.

linx

Staff member
Thanks for getting back on topic fuckheads. :p

Good to see other people feel the way I do about the music too. I can be in a really bad mood and listening to a great cd will change my mood. To me hiphop music is everything and when I hear an album and I think it's great, it's definitely a big deal. :p

Duke

Staff member
definitely, music can be a very powerful mood alterer. and i like it like dat.

plus, i cant live without my daily dose of hiphop mayne. when the batteries of my mp3 players is out, im coming apart like a crackhead

Duke said:
definitely, music can be a very powerful mood alterer. and i like it like dat.

plus, i cant live without my daily dose of hiphop mayne. when the batteries of my mp3 players is out, im coming apart like a crackhead
Hm..but ya know my mood definitely sets what type of hip hop I listen to on a day...if im feeling happy or whatever I listen to something happy kinda like those kanye west produced beats ya know..kinda like get by...

Loyal to the game----a great reward as u call it, LinX!
I waz crying like a lill kid when I finnished lissning to it...fuck!

but back to the topic be4 Chronic gets mad at us and tell us: "shut the fuck up" thu internet :D

This feeling is allways there after lissing to:
Doggystyle
Stillmatic
All Eyez ON ME (book 1, no NOT book 2 for some reason :s)

peace/Bimi

Hellrazor1978 said:
This album right here:

been listening to it for almost 9 years now, still mind shattering with every listen. Greatest album of all time IMO, nuff said.
Word, I agree. Each time I listen to it I find a good line I skipped past before. It used to be when I first got it I would discover a new song but now it's a new line! Lol. Crazy huh?

Duke

Staff member
WessideThuggin said:
Word, I agree. Each time I listen to it I find a good line I skipped past before. It used to be when I first got it I would discover a new song but now it's a new line! Lol. Crazy huh?
i feel ya. i dont listen a lot to pac these days, i listen to newer shit mostly from day to day, but everytime i hear pac, it still sounds fresh and good. never tires.

even cali love and famous tracks i dont tire off. then again, hes me #1 rapper, so :D

Err... I get that feeling with the following:

Outkast - Aquemini
Outkast - ATLiens
Outkast - Southernplayalisticadilicmuzik
DJ Quik - Rhythm-Al-Ism
DJ Quik - Under Tha Influence
Common - Resurrection
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Mos Def & Talib Kweli - Black Star
Goodie Mob - Soul Food
Coolio - Gangstas Paradise
Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Mecca and the Soul Brother
Erykah Badu - Baduizm
Lewis Parker - Masquerades & Silhouettes
Public Enemy - Fear Of A Black Planet

The feeling was as if I'd discovered something new with every album. Something I could turn to when I was happy, sad, angry and etc. It's a great feeling to find those rare albums that just do it for you.

Its the greatest feeling ever when you listen to an album that is almost flawless eg, Reasonable Doubt,All Eyez On Me,Illmatic etc.
Makaveli is probably my fav as well.

when i pop in any 90's west coast rap i feel like i just won a million dollars. there aint nuttin like cruisin down the street blastin some 2pac or richie rich or dr. dre,snoop,rbl posse,rbx,mac mall or the luniz

yeah man theres been a lot of hot albums out in the last year or so..

foreign exchange..
Common - Be
Masta Ace - Long Hot Summer

im still bumpin them inside out...

That hasn't happened with me for a while, but the last albums that I felt "rewarded" with would have to be The Listening by Little Brother and Under Tha Influence by DJ Quik. BlackStar's album as well, that was great shit. Mos Def too. Damn, I've gotta go through my CDs now and start listening to all that shit again. Good Post

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.