Tha Doggfather

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
Who else thinks this is a great album.I know from the past people have not have good things to say about this album, buti cannot understand why.

Its got great production, its from that great Deathrow era with that hard west coast feel. Its got some great guests on the album, snoop actually has some good lyrics as do the other rappers. Its got good concepts to the song. A really good album. I prefer this to Doggy Style, overall. What are your opinions?

Gold rush - 5/10
Me & my doggz - 4/10
You thought - 6/10
Wake up - 6/10
Upside ya head - 9/10
Blueberry - 8/10
Doggyland - 6/10
Downtown Assassins - 5/10

For the complete Album 6/10

You can´t compare it with a classic like Doggystyle.

i like the album, the only reason its set apart from doggystyle, is the type of production, due to the fact its completely different then doggystyle, and seemed odd at 1st to hear him on those kind of beats, but it has grown on me, but then again i'm a huge snoop fan anyway

Ahmet85 said:
Gold rush - 5/10
Me & my doggz - 4/10
You thought - 6/10
Wake up - 6/10
Upside ya head - 9/10
Blueberry - 8/10
Doggyland - 6/10
Downtown Assassins - 5/10

For the complete Album 6/10

You can´t compare it with a classic like Doggystyle.
What is this for a fuckin review? Did you know that it got more than 7 songs you genius.

jasedwads

yer i guess this album is one for the fans. although i am not the greatest snoop fan, but i do think this is his best album. I like the style of this, its not pop at all, str8 west coast. cannot beat this album. I think doggy style is also a very good album, and they are both very different.

On a not , the thing i like about snoop is he will try almost anything, look at his albums through the last 11 years, everyone has been different in terms of style. Not many other rappers do that!

Its a pretty good album. Its alot more personal than Doggystyle.Best songs are Groupie, Blueberry(even though Snoops not even on it), and Doggfather. One problem I have with it though is that on some songs Snoop's voice is so god damn low. Like on Freestyle Conversation he sounds like a little mouse. And that song has a Dope beat but Snoop completely flows to it wrong. I can see why alot of people hated on it when it came out cause it was completley different from Doggystyle. Doggystyle was mostly a great album cause of Dre's production. I mean Snoop's lyrics were decent and added to alot of songs but without Dre that album would have been nothing.

jasedwads

maybe its not classic status, but like DJ THREAT said, its b4 he went with master p. So it was still really good . This is an album thats near classic status, because he has came good with a second (follow up) album. people who think this is shit and that doggy style is great are not being fair . How can tha doggfather be shit, when its easily as good as doggy style.

roaches

all of his no limit cds are GARBAGE. this is RIGHT before he went to shit. it's a good album, not great but good. i still bump it
Please. No Limit Top Dogg is his second best album. I'd put Doggfather and his first No Limit LP at the bottom of the list.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.