Tha Alkaholiks

7 Syns

An appreciation thread to one of the westcoasts most underrated and constantly over looked groups. Ofcourse, i'm talking about Tha Alkaholiks!.

These guys were one of the first West artists I was introduced to as a youngin, 21 & Over instantly became one of my favorites which ofcourse would eventually be over taken by their illest record to date Coast II Coast.

This year they dropped their last group opus, Firewater. And it's a real shame because they had potential to be big in todays market which focuses on the less important things in life (party life and all things related) which is exactly what Tha Alkaholiks specialized in with their music.

As genuine emcee's they were pretty dope, although I feel J-Ro got weaker every album Tash was always bringing heat immaculately. He is in my view the West version of Red or/and Luda. Charismatic, funny lines, great flow and to the bone still an emcee.

E-Swift I think is constantly an overlooked producer, he at one point of time had some of the grimmiest sounds out of the West with some funk elements. He self produced their first 2 albums completely and 90% of Xzibit's first album too.

The only album ive never heard of their in it's entire form is Likwidation, Ive heard it's a banger, so I shall keep going in my journey to try and find a copy of it.

4/5

Corniest cover ever, on some 3 Ninjas shit lol. Haven't heard the album in it's full to rate it.

4.5/5

3.5/5

4/5

Drop some views, opinions, favorite moments, songs, links, pictures. Anything Alkaholiks.

peace.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
7 Syns said:
No love for the Liks? For shame :(

peace.
first three albums are amazing... i loved how the first album was all about the l.i.q. and then ended with mary jane :p

7 Syns

For sure, they have so many classic jams from all their albums not just the first 3.

Hip-Hop Drunkies w/ ODB, Mary Jane, Make Room, Violins w/ Kurupt, Hit & Run w/Xzibit, Barcode w/ Xzibit, DAAAAM and ofcourse Only When Im Drunk!.

They're the shit :thumb: :)

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.