Tha Alkaholiks plan retirement party

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Tha Alkaholiks are planning to leave hip-hop and retire. But before they leave us they are planning to release their fifth and final hip hop album, Firewater. There will also be a farewell tour.

Tha Alkaholiks consists of DJ E-Swift, Tash and J-Ro. They were signed to Loud/RCA in 1993 and released the single "Likwit/Only When I'm Drunk." Their Debut album 21 & Over followed later that year, while their second, Coast II Coast, saw the trio working with East Coast heavyweight Q-Tip even while they maintained a West Coast party vibe throughout. Tha Alkaholiks released their third album, Likwidation, in August 1997, and became tha Liks for 2001's X.O. Experience.

“Knowing Firewater was going to be our last album made us very, very focused,” says E-Swift. “We knew there was never going to be a second chance and we owed it to our fans to put everything we could into it, right here, right now.”

“We all have different goals and things we want to do as individuals. It’s important for us to move forward and find new challenges,” says J Ro.

"We were party animals for over a decade. Times are changing,” says Tash. “We’ll still get together once in a while to do a song here and a song there…but this is going to be it as far as albums go.”

Tha Alkaholiks have worked with all the major talent in rap music including Nas, Busta Rhymes, Madlib, Xzibit, Q-Tip, Kurupt, The Neptunes and Ol’ Dirty Bastard to name just a few.

“In some ways, the release of Firewater is bittersweet,” says Waxploitation Records founder Jeff Antebi. “It feels like the end of an era, but Tha Alkaholiks are exiting with an incredible legacy to follow them. It’s not often an artist can pick their own exit, at the peak of their game.”

Check out Tha Alkaholiks blog, where you can preview one of the tracks from Firewater. The Danger Mouse produced "Chaos".

The Alkaholiks are my homies i once spent THANKSGIVING with the boys 10 years ago (lol) Sad to see them retire but glad they will still do they thang individual wise and sometimes do appearances!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.