Tech N9ne-vintage Album

zmi

does anyone have this cd yet...post some feedback if u have heard it and if someone can give a link it would me much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought it 2day, as far as feedback, let me write a full review, read it or don't, I'm on ecstacy right now, what do U want? :) (SPOILERS):

Go buy this record and support Tech N9ne!!!

Lost Lair of B'zle-Interesting intro, mostly cheering, and "When I say Tech, u say N9ne, etc."

Monster-Never heard it before, Tech says it was originally supposed to be for the Oz soundtrack, actually a pretty average beat from Don Juan, especially with such killer beats on his resume (The Worst, One Night Stand, Twisted, etc.).

S.H.E.-Never heard it before, great track, very inventive topic, talking about how Tech gets obsessed by a stripper who takes everything from him.

Save Yourself-Krizz Kaliko's solo that he would always do at Tech's live shows (which I've been blessed to have caught a few), good harmonizing by Krizz.

Now It's On-Calm Before the Storm, heard it before, decent. I don't like it as much as a lot of people do.

Be Jealous-Heard it before, like it a lot. From a Gold Rush Records compilation.

Red Necro-Never heard it before, VERY good track, Tech going @ the Aryan Brotherhood pretty hard.

The Grench-From Absolute Power DVD, heard it before, I CAN"T STAND the chorus, but other than that, it's a decent track.

I'm a Playa (Remix)-Beat molded after "Friends" beat, made famous as "If I Ruled the World" or 'Pac's "Friends" OG, I like it a lot better that the original, which I was a little embarassed to bump because of the Falco sample & beat (Amadeus, Amadeus/I'm a Playa, I'm a Playa, heh).

Trapped in a Psycho's Body OG-Same song from AP, with the chorus run normally instead of backwards ("I'm a psycho baby...It's about to drive me crazy"). Apparently the girl who sang this died in a car wreck not 2 long ago.

Freaky-Heard it before, originally unreleased, one of my three favorite Tech songs ever (The Worst & Twisted being the other two). Samples Prince's "Darling Nikki", and Tech basically speaks on how much of a horny little devil he is, heh.

My Own Hell-Never heard it before, Tech speaks on how he was torn between QD3 & Don Juan/Midwestside and 57 St. RDV's/Hog Style early on. Decent track.

Victory-On AP DVD, this was my favorite track from the DVD, great track.

Mitchell Bade-Heard it, Tech's big first single, the reason he blew up in KC, later released on Calm Before the Storm, great, but I liked Millenium Mitch from the RDV's last record better.

Strange-Heard it, released on The Worst, one of only 3 songs that I know of that QD3 produced for Tech (Questions and Flipside the other two I know of), good "safe" song, meaning not much new ground broken. Good song, though.

Snake Ya-Heard it, from Beef soundtrack, the one song on this record I CANNOT stand, the beat annoys me, the chorus is nothing special, scrap it, if Tech was putting something from the soundtrack on here, he should have put "Beef" on there instead, much better song.

Shocked-Heard it, from AP DVD, good track, Victory kills it, though.

Outro-Tech says Vintage Tech II is coming...

Overall: 4 songs I had NEVER heard before, SHE and Red Necro alone made the record for me, Monster and My Own Hell were good, I'm a Playa (Remix) beats the OG, nice to hear Save Yourself on a record for once (kind of rivals "Stamina" for live show infamy), Trapped...'s OG chorus is interesting, other than that I had already heard everything, but maybe some people haven't.

In my personal opinion, I would have scrapped Snake Ya, and the three AP DVD tracks (even though they're good tracks), and replaced them with "The Worst", "Cloudy-Eyed Stroll", "Hellbound", & "One Night Stand", everyone needs to hear those songs. Or maybe some NNUTTHOWZE tracks finally (although Icy Roc probably will never let those go). But I'd recommend this record for "Freaky" alone, I LOVE that song.

when did this come out?? this is gonna be hard for me 2 get cuz i cant buy over the net anymore, and english music shops only have mainstream rappers in store.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.