Tech N9ne To Reach Career Million Sales Mark With New Album

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Popular indie rapper and Kansas City native, Tech N9ne, is gearing up for the release of a brand new album on the 1st of July, and he wants to finally pass that million sold mark.

He's already one of the best selling indie artist of today's crop, but with his forthcoming double-disc album, Killer, he feels he can finally reach that milestone in his career.

There's no word as to how many albums he needs to reach his goal, but here's a few numbers to compare. Tech's most recent effort, 2007's Misery Loves Company, sold a reported 67,000 copies, while some his 2002 release, Absolute Power, recorded over 250,000 units scanned.

His upcoming release, Killer, features appearances from Ice Cube, Scarface and Paul Wall. It is slated to hit stores July 1.

He is also slated to head back on the road at the end of July for the Strange Noize 2 tour with co-headliners, Kottonmouth Kings, and supporting acts (Hed) p.e., Sen Dog (Cypress Hill) and hip-hop legends X-Clan.

Tech N9ne release his first album in 1999, and began working alongside Quincy Jones' son and producer QDIII. Since then, he's released 11 albums, has toured non-stop, and built a fledging label, Strange Music, from the ground up.

Below are confirmed dates for the upcoming Strange Noize 2 Tour:

07/30 - Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theater
07/31 - Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
08/01 - Anaheim, CA @ The Grove
08/02 - San Francisco, CA @ Grand Ballroom
08/04 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
08/06 - Seattle, WA @ Moore Theater
08/07 - Post Falls, ID @ Greyhound Park
08/08 - Bozeman, MT @ Gallatin County Fairgrounds
08/09 - Magna, UT @ The Great Salt Air
08/10 - Denver, CO @ Fllmore
08/12 - Fargo, ND @ Playmakers
08/13 - St. Paul, MN @ Myth
08/14 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
08/15 - SAUGET, IL @ Pop's
08/16 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
08/17 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
08/19 - New York, NY @ Grand Ballroom
08/20 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
08/21 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
08/22 - Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live
08/23 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theater
08/24 - Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore
08/25 - Columbus, OH @ The LC Pavilion
08/26 - Grand Rapids, MI @ The Orbit Room
08/28 - Sioux Falls, SD @ Ramkota Exhibit Hall
08/29 - Tulsa, OK @ Cain's Ballroom
08/30 - Bonner Springs, KS @ Capitol Federal Park
08/31 - Wichita, KS @ Cotillion Ballroom

Source: BallerStatus.com

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I dont mean to disrespect him or anything because I like his music a lot but damn, 11 albums out and you havent sold a combined total of $1million and you're a pretty well known name? It's time to get a new marketing team.

C

catn9ne-

Jk46ex

I dont mean to disrespect him or anything because I like his music a lot but damn, 11 albums out and you havent sold a combined total of $1million and you're a pretty well known name? It's time to get a new marketing team.
Well 90 000 copies per album is not that bad for an indi. I pretty sure he make a couple of bucks on each.

Chronic

That 11 album mark also includes compilations etc., he only has 5 full-fledged albums (not counting the re-releases). 100,000 for an album is good for an indie so with actual albums he'd have 500,000 sold that way. He wasn't on the radar until the third album either and JCOR fucked that up sales-wise so he didn't really start selling until Absolute Power. So it sounds about right to me.

I hope this album will get me interested again, wasn't a big fan of the previous one.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.