Talib Kweli - Right About Now

Release date: 22 November 2005

1. Right About Now
2. Drugs, Basketball & Rap (feat. Planet Asia & Phil The Agony)
3. Who Got It
4. Fly That Knot feat. MF Doom
5. Ms. Hill
6. Flash Gordon
7. Supreme Supreme feat. Mos Def
8. The Beast feat. Papoose
9. Roll Of Me
10. Rock On
11. Where Ya Gonna Run (Jean Grae feat. Talib Kweli)
12. Two & Two

Most likely will disappoint (assuming there are still expectations), but for some reason I can't get past nearly anticipating each album he releases. I thought his two recent songs with DOOM and that joint with Rakim were tight, so again I fall into the trap of thinking that he might be able to produce some halfway decent material. I can get past his lack of skills on the mic for the content, but for the last two or so years (since Get By 'made it') he has certainly been pandering to the mainstream which I guess he considers himself a part of now. I am willing to listen to badly delivered shit provided that he drops dope content in the same vein as Reflection Eternal and Black Star. However, I'm not holding my breath.

"Getting Up Anthem" is getting significant rotation in my headphones though.

Anyone else anticipating this album?

Most def. I am, but as u said ever since Get By hes been trying to replicate the same success, cant balme him tho. Looking forward to hearing that supreme supreme track

Tha_4Gotten said:
Most def. I am, but as u said ever since Get By hes been trying to replicate the same success, cant balme him tho. Looking forward to hearing that supreme supreme track
Been out for about 18 months I think. It was on the Beautiful Struggle Advance: http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3FE72H0Z0V8TC14C6DMQWFD9R5

PuffnScruff said:
I didn't even know he had a new one on the way. Has it leaked yet? When does it drop?
Nov. 22nd.

dubk said:
this is a mixtape...
Kind of a grey area, but yeah it is.

He's had a few really, really dope tracks over the years, and I was feelin him for a while. He's dope as a writer and a poet, but he just can't flow man.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.