T.I tops Billboard 200

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
A shift in royalty has taken place on the Billboard 200 album charts, with T.I.’s new album King dethroning Prince’s 3121 in the top slot.

The Grand Hustle/Atlantic set sold 522,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan, marking the biggest sales week of an album thus far in 2006. King is also No. 1 on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, Top Rap Albums chart, on iTunes, and on the Top Digital albums chart.

Elsewhere in the top 10, Ghostface Killah's fifth solo release, Fishscale, bows at No. 4 with sales of 110,000 and at No. 2 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. The Def Jam release gives the rapper his second-best career sales week behind the opening frame of 1996's Ironman (156,000).

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
congratz...

im not a fan either..but if you heard that song "whats your name" by ti..its acctually a good song...on one of his older albums i think...

Good for T.I.

but who i'm more impressed with is Ghostface, for him, number 4 spot aint bad, pushin a hundred thousand in a week, real nice.

SonOf2pac

t.i.'s cd is off tha hook... all the songs could b a single if they wanted to... next single gonna be "live in the sky" feat. jamie foxx... track is fire and i got the OG w/o jamie... maybe one day it'll b a rare :rolleyes:

great cd tho :thumb:

TI is the man, I find it funny how people say he is whack but yet can't give anythign of any points to why. I think he is a good artist in terms of flow, style(lots of it) and content ( he is pretty verstile although even his deep songs sound like his crunk ones in terms of his voice). KING=best mainstream rap CD out now (I don't count Ghost as a mainstream artist par say)

PuffnScruff

the cd hasnt left my car. shit i drive around in circles sometimes just to keep banging some of these beats out of my trunk:laugh:

i am not surprised it has sold this much. i went to best buy when it first opend the day this cd was released and two guys walked out the store with the cd as i was walking in, they had one register opened and 4 of the 5 people in line had the cd in hands. when i got to line after looking around for about 20 mins, 2 guys in front of me were buying the cd. the girl at the register was saying she needed to hurry and buy it before they sold out of it:laugh:

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I can't find one song that I really like on the CD.

But, that's just me. I still think "24s" is his best song. :)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.