T.I to resume concert tour

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Rapper T.I. will continue his concert tour tomorrow in New Orleans following the shooting death of his personal assistant and the wounding of three others in his entourage following a show in Cincinnati.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, will also reschedule a show that had been set for Wednesday in St. Louis, his label Grand Hustle records announced Thursday.

Meanwhile, police in Cincinnati said they have no new leads in the shooting of T.I.’s 26-year-old assistant Philant Johnson, who died in a gun battle early Wednesday that began at an after-hours party for the rapper and fellow artist Yung Joc following their concert. Police said T.I. and his entourage left the party after arguing with several locals, who then followed the artist in two sport utility vehicles and engaged them in gunfire as they drove toward downtown on Interstate 75.

Johnson was pronounced dead at a hospital. A Minnesota woman was hospitalized, and a driver and bodyguard were treated and then released.

Yung Joc told Atlanta’s V-103 FM radio station that T.I. was trying to diffuse the situation leading up to the tragedy, and that the rapper’s crew is still coping with the loss of Johnson.

Atlantic Records released a statement expressing remorse over the incident: "This is a very sad day for everyone at Atlantic Records and Grand Hustle. Philant Johnson was a part of our family and a true friend. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Johnson family, T.I. and everyone at Grand Hustle."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.