T.I. Thinks He's Warren G

THEV1LL4N

i think that T.I. tries to look like, sound like and have a song like like a warren G song in his latest single, "why you wanna?"

If you've followed Warren's career from "Indo Smoke" to "Regulate" through all five solo records he's put out, the 213 record, and his work on the Dove Shack, Twinz, and 5 Footaz records, you wouldn't think the new TI song sounds anything like a Warren song. That's almost an insult to how diverse a producer Warren really is.

(I had written a long-as-hell paragraph on how sick I am of having to suffer through mediocre Neptunes beats on every TI record, I was really laying into how "Casio"-ish Pharrell's beats are becoming, when I checked the liner notes for this song, this is NOT a Neptunes song. I'll be damned, could've fooled me. This is still a boring choice for a second single, though, why wasn't "Front Back" ever pushed? They shot a video for it.)

S. Fourteen

Sandeep14 said:
i think that T.I. tries to look like, sound like and have a song like like a warren G song in his latest single, "why you wanna?"
Give us an example and reasons why.

Do they wear their hats the same way?
They wear the same clothing brand?
They follow similar hip hop fashion trends?

How is "Why You Wanna" similar to a Warren G track?
I don't hear much similarity between their flows, voice, etc.
The beat is closer to a Neptunes type style.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Gambler said:
this could easily be one of the dumbest threads ever made on this forum .. seriously. :rolleyes:
Check some of his other threads. :laugh:
Sandeep14 said:
thats what im sayin, hes trying 2 be like him, not that he is!
I don't think you even answered Saltynuts questions.

SonOf2pac

the only track produced by the neptunes on the album was "Good Life" which is the worst track on the King album... it's a real good album tho and i like why you wanna... i thought that they should've pushed Front Back a lil more or release Live In The Sky as a single... that's my favorite track on the album... real deep track... pac's style almost

7 Syns

I know exactly where you got this from, so everyone else chill. Warren G's latest album "In The Mid-Nite Hour" has a few beats which sound like 'Why You Wanna'. Personally I like the 'Why You Wanna' beat, bitches will eat it whole, which will bring play, which will bring pay.

Yes, T.I. does come smooth on the track like WG would but no he isn't trying to be WG.

peace.

THEV1LL4N

7 Syns said:
I know exactly where you got this from, so everyone else chill. Warren G's latest album "In The Mid-Nite Hour" has a few beats which sound like 'Why You Wanna'. Personally I like the 'Why You Wanna' beat, bitches will eat it whole, which will bring play, which will bring pay.

Yes, T.I. does come smooth on the track like WG would but no he isn't trying to be WG.

peace.
yea thats exactly what i mean, u got it right!!

Mi vote goes for the original, that Crystal Waters track! (I don't know if the sample comes from that song but for me, the Crystal Waters tracks is classic! (Gypsy Woman, i think...)

7 Syns said:
I know exactly where you got this from, so everyone else chill. Warren G's latest album "In The Mid-Nite Hour" has a few beats which sound like 'Why You Wanna'.
That "Why You Wanna" is a sample from some old song in the early 90s, so it's possible the tracks have sampled the same beat

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.