T.I.'s lawyers ask for bond, home confinement

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Surrounded by record executives and 35 of his relatives, rapper T.I. entered a not guilty plea Friday to gun charges, but a federal judge said he won't rule until next week on whether T.I. can remain free on a bail that could total $2 million in cash.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, was arrested Saturday on weapons charges. U.S. Magistrate Judge Alan Baverman said he remained troubled about the behavior of T.I.

Baverman called Harris an extraordinarily talented and generous artist but said he was disturbed that someone with so much talent would risk it all by allegedly trying to buy arms and machine guns.

Baverman said he will rule on whether he will set bail for Harris on October 26.

Defense attorney Ed Garland also proposed putting a person in T.I.'s home 24 hours a day to monitor activities there.

The rapper would also have to submit to electronic monitoring, with the only visitors to be those on a pre-approved list. Harris would have to surrender his passport and his right to drive.

Harris, 27, was arrested in a federal sting Saturday just hours before he was scheduled to perform at the BET Hip Hop Awards. His bodyguard-turned-informant delivered three machine guns and two silencers to the rapper, according to a Justice Department statement.

Source: Cnn.com

I posted the same thing in the streets like a hour age. Why was he buying guns anyway. Surly he woulnt hurt anyboby with them, so why silencers? anybody have thoughts on why?

I posted the same thing in the streets like a hour age. Why was he buying guns anyway. Surly he woulnt hurt anyboby with them, so why silencers? anybody have thoughts on why?
:laugh:
"if you have to ask, you're too young to know."

now what amazes me is the not guilty plea. an informant, then you got him buying from an undercover, plus surviellance(sp?), all the guns they caught him with, and still he wants to plea not guilty? its an orgy of evidence.

they must have a major, major card up their sleeve. or the feds is holding something back or even fucking up the case in some way that his lawyers can prove.

still, i want to hear what his lawyers are going to use to defend him. cause if that shit gets him off, then there's hope for every illegal gun buyer across the nation.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
:laugh:
"if you have to ask, you're too young to know."

now what amazes me is the not guilty plea. an informant, then you got him buying from an undercover, plus surviellance(sp?), all the guns they caught him with, and still he wants to plea not guilty? its an orgy of evidence.

they must have a major, major card up their sleeve. or the feds is holding something back or even fucking up the case in some way that his lawyers can prove.

still, i want to hear what his lawyers are going to use to defend him. cause if that shit gets him off, then there's hope for every illegal gun buyer across the nation.
I assume that at the time, he was just being arraigned. It's law custom not to plead guilty at an arraignment. Nobody pleads guilty at arraignment.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.