T.I. resumes concert after probation violation

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Rapper T.I. emerged from a Tampa Fla. court Monday free of probation and ready to resume a series of concerts that had been cancelled in the wake of his friend’s shooting death and his arrest last week on a probation violation.

"All prior legal matters have been resolved as it relates to T.I.'s probation," the rapper’s attorney Jonathan Leonard told AllHipHop.com. "He is no longer on probation for any previous legal incidents."

The Atlanta artist was in court Monday facing charges that he violated his probation stemming from a 2003 arrest in Tampa. As previously reported, Judge Perry sentenced T.I. to perform 225 hours of community service in March 2005 after he entered a guilty plea to battery on an officer and violating the terms of his previous probation. A few months later, he violated probation by driving with a suspended license and had an additional 150 hours of community service tacked on to his sentence.

The recent Florida warrant accused T.I. of serving only 10 hours of his community service. The rapper also went to court on May 10 on a separate charge of threatening several men outside of a strip club in Atlanta. He was briefly jailed after that appearance for violating his probation.

T.I. was forced to cancel his scheduled tour of Japan in order to answer the charges on Monday. The cancellation also followed the fatal shooting of his assistant and longtime friend Philant Johnson, of Union City, Ga.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.