T.I. Readies Kids For School In Atlanta With Back-To-School Event

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Rapper T.I. continues to fulfill his community service obligations, and did so in Atlanta on Sunday (August 10) with a back-to-school event in his hometown's Bankhead community.

According to Atlanta's FOX News station, the event is an annual event thrown by the rapper, who told a different message this time around due to his recent legal situation.

"Getting the kids ready to go back to school and motivating them to get their minds together," T.I. told FOX.

More than 1,000 kids showed up to see T.I., who gave away free school supplies and spent time talking to them individually. Despite his criminal arrest last year, parents who brought their kids appreciated the rapper's message.

"They listen to his music, so by him speaking out to the children that helps out. He's standing behind where he went wrong at and he's spending time with them showing them right and wrong," said parent Beewanda Gates.

T.I. sent a message of the importance of school, and expressed his regret for the actions that got him into trouble.

"I can't stress enough the value of education and importance of an education," said T.I.

"I recognize that I have put myself in a position I have to go and pay my debt to society rather than dreading that. I'm looking forward to putting this all behind me," he continued.

For the next seven months, T.I. will continue performing community service around the country before he reports to jail to serve one year for federal weapons charges.

He is slated to begin serving his sentence in March after completing 1,500 hours of community service.

Source: BallerStatus.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.