T.I. making film debut and releasing new album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Three days after releasing his fourth album, King, Atlanta rapper T.I. will make his film debut in ATL, co-starring Big Boi of OutKast.

Due March 28, the album on the Atlantic label features appearances from Pharrell, Young Jeezy, Common, Kanye West, Paul Wall and Jamie Foxx.

King will be the follow-up to 2004's Urban Legend, which peaked at No. 7 on the Billboard 200 and has sold 1.3 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The album yielded the top 10 Billboard Hot 100 hit "Bring Em Out."

"I feel like it's more open and more open-minded," T.I. told Billboard.com of his new effort. "It's an extreme amount of growth, but (at the same time) I kept everything I knew people would like. Your favorite dish is just as good as the first time you ever had it. You just keep doing what you do, but better."

When released, King will mark another progression in the Southern rap movement that T.I., the self-proclaimed "King of the South," says is currently dominating hip-hop. "It's in the best place it's been in as far as strength and power and numbers are concerned," he said. "I think we've really got a stronghold on the game."

In the meantime, T.I. has released the mixtape Gangsta Grillz: The Leak, featuring several tracks originally intended for "King." He drummed up the CD after bootlegged songs appeared on the Internet.

Several songs from King, including lead single "What You Know," will be featured in ATL, which Warner Bros. will release March 31. In the movie, T.I. plays the role of Rashad.

"It's basically a coming-of-age story about teenagers who grow up in (Atlanta), their conflicts and their situations, and how they have to overcome certain things to get from where they are to where they would like to be in life," T.I. said. "Once I got into (character), it was cool. It was definitely insightful and a learning experience. I'm looking into becoming part of a few (more projects), but I have to keep it to myself until I get things finalized."

T.I., a spokesperson for Jay-Z's S. Carter sneaker line, is developing his own clothing and sneaker collections. "It's in the works," he said. "But I gotta make sure when I do it, I do it right and with the right people."

Propz to T.I. he was on MTV2 this weekend doing the countdown with DJ Clue and was talking about the movie he will be in. Clue asked him who is fav. rapper turned actor was and he said "Pac"....

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Jamie Foxx Collaborates With T.I.

The singer adds vocals to the rapper’s new track titled, “Live in the Sky.”
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Click here to watch T.I.'s video "Bring Em Out"

Jamie Foxx adds singing vocals to rapper T.I.’s new track titled, “Live in the Sky.”

The Atlanta MC told MTV.com: "I sent the word I wanted him to get on it and he got on it the next day. I was thinking about everybody who could play the piano as well as sing, and Jamie was at the top of my list."

T.I. says the song is dedicated to his cousin Toot, “who died right before ‘Trap Muzik’ (came out). And my homeboy Jay-Ru, who died right before ‘I'm Serious’ came out. It's about people's misperceptions of me and my life. How I feel, it's the exact opposite. It's a lot more problems than people may realize. I had to show them my life is not all that it's cracked up to be."
-------------------

Thought it was relavant. :confused:

B.Lorenzo said:
Propz to T.I. he was on MTV2 this weekend doing the countdown with DJ Clue and was talking about the movie he will be in. Clue asked him who is fav. rapper turned actor was and he said "Pac"....

well they did do a song 2gether(sarcastic) ....:p

SiGh said:
Jamie Foxx Collaborates With T.I.

The singer adds vocals to the rapper’s new track titled, “Live in the Sky.”
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Click here to watch T.I.'s video "Bring Em Out"

Jamie Foxx adds singing vocals to rapper T.I.’s new track titled, “Live in the Sky.”

The Atlanta MC told MTV.com: "I sent the word I wanted him to get on it and he got on it the next day. I was thinking about everybody who could play the piano as well as sing, and Jamie was at the top of my list."

T.I. says the song is dedicated to his cousin Toot, “who died right before ‘Trap Muzik’ (came out). And my homeboy Jay-Ru, who died right before ‘I'm Serious’ came out. It's about people's misperceptions of me and my life. How I feel, it's the exact opposite. It's a lot more problems than people may realize. I had to show them my life is not all that it's cracked up to be."
this is the greatest news ive heard in a long time. live in the sky has been my favorite song for like two weeks now, i just cant stop listening to it. I feel its like his equivalent to Pac's life goes on. my only complaint was him trying to sing in the chorus, it sounds pretty bad. ive been praying that they would get someone to do the singing part for him, and WALA! this. im so excited. this is going to be T.I.'s best song to date BY FAR!!!!! LONG LIVE THA KING!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.